Great concept. Ok on execution.

Current Employee - Assistant Manager  in  Albany, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Albany, NY

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time for more than a year

Pros

Fun work environment and good pay. Nice environment. Good food. Lots of fun regulars who you get to meet on a personal level.

Cons

Frustrating customers and associates. Neither one knows what they really want. Staffing can be really tight which leads to high frustration levels making it difficult to really give warm service. Not easy to come to this concept after full service restaurant experience.

Appreciate your associates to the fullest because they can get a minimum paying job elsewhere. Give them other reasons to stay.

Other Reviews for Panera Bread

What a nightmare!

Current Employee - New Associate In Training  in  Marlborough, MA
    Current Employee - New Associate In Training in Marlborough, MA

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time for less than a year

Pros

Really have yet to find a pro. The pay is minimum wage the managers are the only one's in the store working 40 to 60 hours per week. They schedule the employees like they are just waiting in the parking lot for the busy times of the day. So if your not in high school you should look else where for a job.

Cons

The place serves frozen food the whole menu from the bread to the soups, The only thing that is fresh at Panera is the vegetables placed in the sandwiches and salads. As far as work conditions the whole staff is part time and they send people home before their shift ends to balance the hours. No one can make any money working here and not knowing if you will finish your shift or get called before it starts to not come in. The only staff that they can hold on to is young kids from high school and they do not care what is being served or how clean the plates and utensils are. I would always now order everything to go. For a bread company the stores don't even have a pound of flour. It all comes out of the freezers.The store I am at does not have a stove or a pot .

Frozen food and a lack quality control should not be happening at a place that charges 9.00 for a Steak and cheese with very little steak and not much cheese.

Good place to work, If you like customers

Current Employee - Associate  in  Papillion, NE
    Current Employee - Associate in Papillion, NE

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time for less than a year

Pros

Plenty of interaction with people, coworkers are usually great, great job if you are looking for something part-time, or while in college

Cons

Everything is about time (mainly about making more money for the company), the occasional bad customer, not always paid appropriately (I made more than my trainers on my first day than they did after 2 years)

Adjust pay scales, show that you can do the job better before complaining, and don't be afraid to do some work as well

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!