There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

An awesome, fun, busy place.

Current Employee - Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL
Current Employee - Associate in Saint Petersburg, FL

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pro's are, you usually have great customers. Return customers honestly care how your doing, and try their hardest to help you out. I loved the atmosphere at Panera, it's great. The music is soothing, and it has a homey feeling to it. I enjoy the fast paced environment, there is never a dull moment.

Cons

The downsides can be it gets really busy! It can be hectic especially on the weekends. Another con, is that when you close, it is typically late when you get home. I usually get home at 11:15, and I leave work around 11 pm. The work can be tough, and the only time you will sit, or be slow, is when you have your break. Trust me, if you hate moving, or running around, don't apply.

Advice to Management

Try and get first pay check issues straightened out.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. tedious/less of an opportunity than it is presented to be

Current Employee - Hourly Associate in Bannockburn, IL
    Current Employee - Hourly Associate in Bannockburn, IL

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

close to home and free coffee

Cons

completing training falls to the wayside once you perfect one position enough to do it everyday

Advice to Management

Focus on training and promotion from within

2. Catering Coordinator - Niles, OH

Former Employee - Catering Coordinator in Niles, OH
    Former Employee - Catering Coordinator in Niles, OH

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good soup, clean bathrooms, comfortable clothing requirements but that's it!

Cons

I was hired to work 25 plus hours a wk but scheduled for only 10. I was hired to be a " Catering Coordinator" but spent half my time playing "fetch" for items the trainer didn't have prepared for her shift. My trainer was rude and self absorbed with her recent break up, I found this highly unprofessional and didn't care to hear the details of a failed relationship and last night tequila shots, I was there to do a job! One of managers wanted me to cook in the walk in oven without any prior training. She became angry because I had refused to do something I wasn't trained to do, she told me to clock out a half hour before my shift was over.When I saw I was still scheduled for 10 hrs on my 3rd wk at Paneras I quit. The floors were a complete mess with cold cuts and cheeses being stepped on by employees. 4 different employees showed me how to make one sandwich 4 different ways the end result was inconsistency and customers returning foods.

Advice to Management

I have a degree in Business Management, and was promised that I would have management opportunities with this company but working 10 hrs a wk didn't even put me in the ball park of what I was promised coming on board. The head supervisor should have least called me for an exit interview to find out why he lost an excellent employee.