There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Started off great, but then when you become really good at what you do, they take advantage of you for their benefits.

Current Employee - Catering Coordinator
Current Employee - Catering Coordinator

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay, and company has an awesome reputation which makes you proud to say you work there. Very good company values, Teaches you ALOT about customer service and lifetime values and lessons.

Cons

They most often than not pick the worst people for management positions...makes no sense...

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

1. not the greatest

I worked at Panera Bread part-time

Pros

panera typicallly has wonderful regulars who genuinely care about how you are doing

Cons

poor advancement. they expect perfection for minimum wage. if you do get a raise its generally after you've worked for the company for years and its usually ten cents.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better.

2. Very Great Place to Work.

Former Employee - Sales Associate
    Former Employee - Sales Associate

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It was a great experience! You have a lot of repeat customers, so building relationships is pretty simple. I found personal enjoyment in the relationships I built with both coworkers and customers. The products were easy to make, and most of the time the pace was faster than it was slow, so the day went by pretty quickly. You really get a chance to share opinions or issues at seasonal meetings, which the managers never ignored. It was a fun, relaxed atmosphere most of the time.

Cons

Sometimes can be a bit unprofessional towards employees. Also, if you don't like jazz music, it's playing constantly (though lowly), as a forewarning (though I had no problem with it myself).

Advice to Management

Showing favoritism really insults the rest of the employees.