Panera Bread

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Good experience.

Former Employee - Associate in Thousand Oaks, CA
Former Employee - Associate in Thousand Oaks, CA

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Very easy to request time off, fair and resonable management, lots of great food to eat, discount on food items, left over bakery items.

Cons

Pay was somewhat low, lots of cleaning, dealing with customers in the food industry can often be unpleasant, 1 day training course is boring and useless.

1398 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Better jobs elsewhere

Former Employee - Associate
    Former Employee - Associate

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Discounts on food while you're working, getting a lot of hours, good food, friendly coworkers

Cons

Too many hours for part time, inconsistent management, not training employees, always understaffed, way too overpriced, rude customers who do not understand that the company is a fast food joint

Stop stretching yourselves too thin in the high volume cafes that need more employees, especially when they have a drive thru. More employees are needed to accommodate the lunch and dinner rushes than management will allow due to already being "over labor." Also, when your employees are students, you should be respectful of that. Finally, promising promotions and raises for a year and not following through with them is extremely un-motivating.

Aweful..

Former Employee - Unknown in Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Former Employee - Unknown in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Busy environment! Good food, Ummm

Cons

Condescending staff, wouldnt give breaks, micro-managed, you are expected to make Panera Bread your life. Regional manager was very snarky asked my why I was laid off from a job. When I replied my position was eliminated, She replied, but why do you think "you" were laid off. Pay is poor for what is expected you. Little is put into employee training unless its upper management

A good leader does not have to micro manage and should not micro manage. Please improve training. I really though Panera Bread would be a great place to start a career. I am so disappointed. Perhaps you should look at how starbucks trains thier employees and look at thier cultural values. They have it right.

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread