There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Pretty good, love the structure!

Current Employee - Catering Coordinator in Doylestown, PA
Current Employee - Catering Coordinator in Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good structure -your managers are being held accountable for their work by their managers and so on. Good people- I work with pretty decent people. Clean- Panera's the cleanliest place I've worked and the employees try their best for the most part to keep it that way. Good opportunities for those who work hard - work hard, stay on the manager's good side, and show that you know what their looking for and do it. Be competent!

Cons

Pretty much the same thing you'll get in any restaurant industry. If management isn't doing their job, having product, scheduling right, making sure associates are trained properly, then the tension builds a little. At my location they have a good amount of manager meetings so they regroup constantly.
I've seen now two managers in my store that have been horrible with employee relations. It's irritating that the regional managers hire them to manage people who have better management skills then their new hires. One manager didn't follow spec very well and made quite a few sexual statements, which was taken care of by HR. Now his replacement is horrible with the associates, very rude, makes quick judgments, and is disliked by nearly all of the associates, even the most mature and kindest associates. Hope she changes her attitude soon or we get rid of her.

Come on American Bread, stop giving us bad managers. We need managers that are good with associates and do their job correctly.

1321 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Great Place

Former Employee - Line Associate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH
    Former Employee - Line Associate in Cuyahoga Falls, OH

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (more than an year)

Pros

never bord , very understanding, fun enviorment

Cons

trying to learn new positions

Panera Breads slogan says it all "Panera Warmth"

Current Employee - Hourly Associate in Puyallup, WA
    Current Employee - Hourly Associate in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Great food, even better selection, staff really does treat you with a sense of family and immediate welcoming! Comfortable atmosphere and tables are always clean and ready for you. Soothing and upbeat music make this experience even better. One thing that tops it off is not only the aroma of freshly baked bread, soup, pasta and pastries, is the presentation and taste which is supurb!

Cons

Wish it was in walking distance to my house, open the door, reach out my hand and heaven sent!

Keep up the great work!