Panera Bread

www.panerabread.com

Great Part Time Work, but that's about as far as you go

Associate (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible scheduling, works well with college students to create very friendly environment. A great place to work on nights and weekends, as most locations do not stay open too late (rarely leaving after 10:30). Ability to transfer from [Corporate] location to location without a hitch.

ConsSome of the biggest downsides of the company are the fact that there is little or no tuition reimbursement for collegiate associates, and little opportunity for upward movement after graduation. After putting upwards of 4 years into the company, my options are limited to putting more time into hourly work as a supervisor or leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementWork with associates pursuing higher degrees to help them find possible positions in corporate or management while they are still with the company. Offer internships to employees in related programs, not hidden in some career website, if at all.

Disorganized, favorite playing

Assistant Manager (Current Employee) Columbus, OH

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time for more than a year

Pros: The money is decent, my location was very flexible as… Cons: Blatant favoritism from higher management. NO reviews, you just kind of have to figure out how you are doing on your… Advice to Senior Management: Feedback! No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

It wasn't horrible

Associate Trainer (Current Employee) Lake Grove, NY

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time for more than a year

Pros: There are a lot of nice workers here. You get… Cons: Lately they are understaffed. The managers can be rude… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Panera Bread.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!