There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Good for optimistic and energetic people

I worked at Panera Bread

Pros

Great coworkers, I lived in a college town and my coworkers were fellow college students and they were amazing. I loved going into work with them every day. Managers were very flexible with my school schedule

Cons

Managers were consistently disagree with each other and always undermining each other. One of my assistant manager was not an enjoyment to work with. Practically blamed me for something that was definitely not my fault.

It is definitely hard to go into work sometime because they expect a lot from you while paying minimum wage. Not only that, but you are expected to pick up the slack for your coworkers, which will happen a lot.

1230 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Avoid if you're looking for full time.

Former Employee - Associate Trainer  in  Grosse Pointe, MI
    Former Employee - Associate Trainer in Grosse Pointe, MI

I worked at Panera Bread full-time for more than a year

Pros

Discount on food, good place to meet new people.

Cons

Management sucks, hours are weird (4 hours one day 5 the next) only 15-20 work weeks.

hire employees that are looking for part time work

Great Part Time Work, but that's about as far as you go

Current Employee - Associate
    Current Employee - Associate

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexible scheduling, works well with college students to create very friendly environment. A great place to work on nights and weekends, as most locations do not stay open too late (rarely leaving after 10:30). Ability to transfer from [Corporate] location to location without a hitch.

Cons

Some of the biggest downsides of the company are the fact that there is little or no tuition reimbursement for collegiate associates, and little opportunity for upward movement after graduation. After putting upwards of 4 years into the company, my options are limited to putting more time into hourly work as a supervisor or leave.

Work with associates pursuing higher degrees to help them find possible positions in corporate or management while they are still with the company. Offer internships to employees in related programs, not hidden in some career website, if at all.

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!