Panera Bread
www.panerabread.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Management is frustrating!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Kent, WA

I worked at Panera Bread full-time for more than a year

ProsThe crew is wonderful, hard workers, great pay for management, bennifits are ok, used to offer free food to employees,, will give you the free liberty to do whatever it takes to make the customer happy.

ConsManagement is a joke, hardwork and dedication never pays off, misleading about no late nights...some nights you don't leave till 1130, to much to do and not enough time to do it, keep piling on the work to no avail. Discouraging when your a dedicated employee and they don't reward. Oh and Mindshare sucks!!

Advice to Senior ManagementGet your butts out of the office and help!! Oh and if you insist on table service either hire more help and adjust your charts for labor or go back to the old way. There's a reason nobody else runs they're buisness this way, it doesn't work!! And get rid of Mindshare, it's stupid, people will say something negative 10 times to 1 positive comment and then you crucify your staff for bad scores...because your sitting in the office not helping.

Pretty good, love the structure!

Catering Coordinator (Current Employee)
Doylestown, PA

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good structure -your managers are being held accountable for their work by their managers and so on. Good people- I work with pretty decent people.… Cons: Pretty much the same thing you'll get in any restaurant industry. If management isn't doing their job, having product, scheduling right, making sure associates are… Advice to Senior Management: Come on American Bread, stop giving us bad managers. We need… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Hard Work, but Fun

Production Associate (Current Employee)
Fresno, CA

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time for less than a year

Pros: Work with really nice people, and serve mostly really good… Cons: They worry about their "image" and expect you to lie to customer to protect that. I feel guilty about working and making money… Advice to Senior Management: If you want to keep the good ones, talk to corporate about not making lying a part of the job. Even after speaking with a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Panera Bread.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Panera Bread CEO Ronald Shaich. All reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees.