There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Its has its stresses, and good sides.

Current Employee - Production Associate in Cincinnati, OH
Current Employee - Production Associate in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Decent Vacation/ Benefits - Starting pay is decent. Im talking about fdf not the store itself I dont work in the stores. - Break times are adequate - They address issues with equipment very well if you are a operator.

Cons

Pace is VERY hectic and takes some adjustment to adapt to. Hours can be limited from week to week. You will work most holidays. There can be a lot of stress and negativity from time to time.

Advice to Management

I would say this for everyone not just management, but taking classes on stress management would be helpful for everyone and should probably be brought up more in meetings. Focus more on the personal aspects to help your employees feel more valued.

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

1. already looking to leave after a few weeks.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canfield, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Canfield, OH

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back work environment with a great community presence. Not fast food. Great customers for the most part.

Cons

Schedules made a few days at a time with no ability to call in for your schedule or make plans. Training is virtually nonexistent.

Advice to Management

Please, please make schedules in 2 week increments and have a dedicated trainer.

2. If you want to work like a dog with hardly any recognition, then this is the place for you!

Former Employee - Associate in Fayetteville, NY
    Former Employee - Associate in Fayetteville, NY

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (More than a year)

Pros

*The training system is great, I caught on very fast and became one of the best workers on the food line at a very early stage in my employment. *The 65% off discount on the food isn't too bad! *If you are good at your job, you will get a lot of hours and have job security.

Cons

*The work is STRESSFUL to say the least. You will be on your feet for 8-9 hour shifts and will be busy the whole time. *The managers expect TOO much out of you when you are only getting paid $8.00 an hour! I have worked at several other jobs, and this has by FAR been the hardest job I have had- mentally and physically. The mental side of it is a battle of its own because of all the rude customers and constant expectations to make food as fast as you possibly can. At the end of my shifts, I would come home in a bad mood, and it impacted my family life (and my friends consider me one of the most positive people they know... I swear, Panera Bread DOES stuff to people! BEWARE) *Managers are unprofessional. During rush hours, they would sit in their lovely air conditioned office while the people working on the food line were struggling to make food as fast as they can without receiving snotty comments from customers or messing up orders because of the high stress. My manager was also so hypocritical and would actually EAT the food on the line while we were all struggling to make food and just watch while we suffer- all of our employees were angry about that. *The high turnover rate for people who work at Panera Bread should just say something. *Getting a raise is nearly impossible unless you constantly badger the management until they let you get your way.

Advice to Management

Instead of sitting in your office, get up and help out! The workers you hired are putting in their best effort, and so should you.