Panera Bread

www.panerabread.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Corporate is definitely in control!

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO
Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Denver, CO

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I loved the people I worked with, even with their HS/college kid drama. The overall work atmosphere is comfortable and the managers I worked with were very supportive and encouraging. Plus, the customers really are fantastic!

Cons

The training is extremely corporate and some of it is flat out useless at the store level. But if you'll pay me for three days sitting in a conference room being bored, I guess I'll show up. The same goes for new menu items - it is very obvious that the people at corporate who make the decision to add odd items to the menu (pasta, shrimp...?!) have not worked behind the counter in a very, very long time if ever. Its frustrating to deal with, especially as a manager who is supposed to be positive and uplifting.

There is little value put on your life outside of work. Unless you have a great management team and GM in your current cafe you'll be fighting for decent hours. I've worked in 4 cafes in Denver - 2 had livable scheduling for the management team.

1568 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Don't expect many raises unless you plan on becoming an Associate Trainer

Former Employee - Associate in Greensboro, NC
    Former Employee - Associate in Greensboro, NC

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fun people to work with. Good hours upon request.

Cons

Low pay. Physical work. Depending on where you work, the customers can be unpleasant at times.

Reward your employees through raises.

Just another corporation.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Coworkers tend to have a good sense of humor, creative customers making "bread castles," and or course high job security.

Cons

Low pay, rushed environment, nasty stuff growing just out of the customers' sight, (mold in the back of house, and trash in trash cans covered up by another bag, you don't want to be the one who has to clean those out.) high turnover rate due to the work environment.

First of all, the "dough-nations" should be given first to the employees and then to charity. Fight food insecurity in your company. Secondly, give us enough time to do the job right. Finally, pay employees better. It's very telling that CEO William Moreton's salary and bonuses together earn him more than a million dollars a year while many of us are scraping by with low wages while doing all the real work.

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread