Panera Bread
www.panerabread.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Corporate is definitely in control!

Assistant Manager (Former Employee)
Denver, CO

I worked at Panera Bread full-time for more than 3 years

ProsI loved the people I worked with, even with their HS/college kid drama. The overall work atmosphere is comfortable and the managers I worked with were very supportive and encouraging. Plus, the customers really are fantastic!

ConsThe training is extremely corporate and some of it is flat out useless at the store level. But if you'll pay me for three days sitting in a conference room being bored, I guess I'll show up. The same goes for new menu items - it is very obvious that the people at corporate who make the decision to add odd items to the menu (pasta, shrimp...?!) have not worked behind the counter in a very, very long time if ever. Its frustrating to deal with, especially as a manager who is supposed to be positive and uplifting.

There is little value put on your life outside of work. Unless you have a great management team and GM in your current cafe you'll be fighting for decent hours. I've worked in 4 cafes in Denver - 2 had livable scheduling for the management team.

Changes are not always good ones

Assistant Manager (Current Employee)
Little Rock, AR

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Pay is good. Great benefits. Cons: Managers get moved around too much. Inconsistent work hours.… Advice to Senior Management: None Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

loved my coworkers and atmosphere. Managers were strict

Cashier/Barista (Former Employee)
Torrington, CT

I worked at Panera Bread full-time for more than a year

Pros: the discount was amazing! 65% off anything under $10. Coworkers all got along, all friendly and funny people. Made a lot of friends. I loved what… Cons: lunch rush was always terrible. customers who were rude or complained about their orders. long hours as a cashier or line person. I worked 11-7 a lot.… More

There are newer reviews on Panera Bread.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Panera Bread CEO Ronald Shaich. All reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees.