Panera Bread
www.panerabread.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

Overall Good Experience

Cashier/Barista (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

ProsWell managed, good training, at the end of the night they donate all uneaten food to charities.

ConsBad discount. You only get a discount on up to $10 of food during your shift--so any other time you come you have to pay full price. Also, as a cafe cashier (rather than bakery) I was responsible for all the cleaning too--bathrooms, cafe area, drink station--it was much more work than the other employees had to do at closing time.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter distribution of responsibilities at closing/opening, show more appreciation to your employees with a better discount!

fun employees, not very good hours

LIne (Former Employee)
    Memphis, TN

I worked at Panera Bread part-time for more than a year

Pros: co-workers got along great even with the bosses. Treated like family. every different season there is… Cons: Low pay. Little room for advancement Advice to Senior Management: give feedback before employee evaluations Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

first 5 yrs great, last 5 tough

Joint Venture General Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Panera Bread full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Quality of life, attracts good employees and customers Cons: Has become more about profits and trying to be #1… Advice to Senior Management: Give back the sense of ownership and let the successful run it like it is their own . Revise the extremely… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Panera Bread.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Panera Bread reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Panera Bread CEO Ronald Shaich. All reviews posted anonymously by Panera Bread employees.