There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

night time baker the midnight shift

Former Employee - Night Baker in Pittsburgh, PA
Former Employee - Night Baker in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

decent pay fulltime hours nice co workers to work with .very little supervision. place is closed so no distractions during production.

Cons

heavy work load when you do see a supervisor they are very critical and not supportive. place left a mess from 3-11 shift.

Advice to Management

know what is going on at night

Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread

Not worth it

Former Employee - Cashier/Barista in Plainfield, IL
    Former Employee - Cashier/Barista in Plainfield, IL

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a good discount, and some co-workers are really great but thats about it.

Cons

hours, managers are rude and lack respect for their employees, and they're training to work their is ridiculous once you complete your training you end up quitting so it was for nothing.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect .

2. Hit or Miss

Current Employee - Line Associate
    Current Employee - Line Associate

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Hours Available if you really want them decent starting wage (for a first job of course) As i am of similar age as other employees i love the people i work with decent discount on some above average food during my shifts

Cons

Mine is horribly understaffed (22 employees when we should have 40) Hard to get shift coverage (especially closing) if 2/3 managers are closing because they are sticklers once you help them out and cover shifts you are forever bombarded with calls on off days asking to cover shifts customer base feels very entitled and not always fun to deal with place unrealistic expectations on (essentially) minimum wage workers in terms of ticket times and accuracy and such. will coax/guilt you into helping them out as much as possible with little incentive and as soon as you come in show no gratefulness for you and treat you awfully Very X theory managment creates alot of turnover (almost half of the staff has changed in the 3 month since i have been there)

Advice to Management

meet employees half way and dont be surprised that we dont want to help you out when you keep deceiving us