Panera Bread

www.panerabread.com
  www.panerabread.com
There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

very good place to work starting out

Former Employee - Team Associate Cashier in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Team Associate Cashier in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (less than an year)

Pros

i loved being in the en viroenment and being a cashier

Cons

everyone washes dishes at some point

it would be nice for employees to have a free bread item at the end of the day and then give the rest to charity.

1398 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

This is one of the worst companies to ever work for!!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (less than an year)

Pros

There were absolutely no pros about this company unless of course you're their "friend".

Cons

All the corporate people are racist. They only like to hire you if you're white preferably blonde hair and blue eyes. It's like high school all over again with the cliques. They only promote you if you have sex appeal it's not at all about work ethic. They hired one black girl to work to make it seem like they weren't racist. I wouldn't recommend working for this company at all they only give you a lot of hours and promote you if they like you personally. I use to come to work on time everyday and work hard and they would only give me 15 hours a week but meanwhile gave the guy who came in drunk and an hour late everyday 40 hours a week cuz he was sleeping with the managers. I could go on but I'm sure this is enough to let anyone to know to not ever work for this company!!

The place where I learned the definition of 'toxic work environment.'

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Many of the regulars are very friendly and considerate.

Cons

Never in my life have I been in such a highly negative environment. Low morale is the norm due to everyone being overworked and underpaid. Verbal abuse is rampant. Positive reinforcement is never given, and if you mess up at one tiny thing, be prepared to be demoralized. Don't expect to get the day off if you call in sick, and don't expect anyone to care if you're coughing or sneezing everywhere despite working with food.

Actually care about your employees and enforce the "no jerk rule." Don't make excuses for abusive employees simply because they've been there for 5+ years while still making minimum wage.

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread