Panera Bread

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

What a shame

Former Employee - Manager in Clearwater, FL
Former Employee - Manager in Clearwater, FL

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They donate the unsold baked goods to shelters at the close of business. The products used to make the food are high quality.

Cons

The upper management of the Covelli Franchises are ruthless and inhumane to their managers and each other. As a manager I was paid for 40hrs a week but never worked fewer then 60, with no additional pay or reward. They were experts at making big promises only to never fulfill them. The crucial point is how unprofessionally they treat their managers, I was cursed at, called on my personal cell phone at all hours of the day and night, expected to make runs to other stores on my own time using my own car and gas without even a tiny glimmer of appreciation. The turnover rate for managers was extremely high, I lasted two years, far longer then most. It wasn't unusual to see a manager break down and walk off the job. Character assassination at it's worst. Finally, the actual food knowledge of the upper management was laughable. A superior of mine was in the location I managed for a quality check, I explained to her the the steam table was running too hot and breaking the soups. She had no idea what I meant.... this was my boss. Ugh.

Take care of your people and they will take care of your restaurant. If you treat your managers like garbage, what outcome to you expect??

1550 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Awful

I worked at Panera Bread

Pros

Hopefully you land a great GM.
    Team members are great and will follow your lead.
    Guests are awesome.

Cons

No real leadership once you get above the GM level.
    Regional director has no idea what's going on; been on the sidelines too long.

Why don't you actually check on your regionals AND not let them know when you're coming into town?!

All depends on management.

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome GM (at my store)
    Great employee discount.
    Friendly atmosphere
    Lots of regular customers

Cons

Company is caring less and less about employees (taking away time and 1/2 pay on holidays, no longer offering raises for becoming trainer, annual raises are literally just pennies)

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread