Panera Bread

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

From Excitement and High Hopes to Complete Disappointment and Frustration

Former Employee - Catering Coordinator
Former Employee - Catering Coordinator

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (more than an year)

Pros

65% employee meal discount. You never tire of the food, it's good. Sanitation is a biggie! 99% of the customers are great to service

Cons

Too much clicking in the management pool. If your a catering coordinator, you are overworked and under paid. There is no adequate help on large large volume days. Management just wants the sale & you don't matter. Hours are horrific somedays. No benefits worth a darn except management and bakers.

If you want high volume catering, make sure the catering coordinator has space to work! The new stores have no room and the caterer has no place to call their own. Don't let managers take catering orders to the point that the caterer is ready to die, just to get the sales for the store. Pay more for mileage! I put 3000 miles on my vehicle in 3 months and I didn't drive a hunk of junk! 41 cent a mile? come on. Southwest Moe's pays 50 cents! That's a 9 cent difference! Then 10.00 per hour to start, with an erratic sleep schedule, stocking, prepping, packaging, delivery and set up? Once again......Moe's pay 10.00 just to deliver their product. No 4 am work schedule, no killing yourself waking at 3 am...to get the food made and they get paid more per mile. Some Catering Coordinators get Aprons, shirts, file boxes etc..to look professional and tools to do their job. Others do not. It's inconsistent. Managers get free meals, Catering Coordinators do not and we work just as hard and sometimes harder! I wanted a career at Panera but when I decided Catering was not for me and I wanted another position, I suddenly wasn't doing a good enough job. So that's when I decided Panera didn't care about me as an employee. I felt I gave my blood for these people! I never called out or came in late. I busted my ass and I was loyal! Would I tell someone to work for Panera? Only people who want to work the line or register. Nothing in management and certainly not to be a Catering Coordinator. Totally disappointed in a place I thought would be great.

1398 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Optimistic Current Hourly

Current Employee - Hourly Associate
    Current Employee - Hourly Associate

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (less than an year)

Pros

This company has a really great training structure, it was nice to come here and get a refresher on the basics since I've worked for a lot of different restaurants. I love the people I work with, great, personalities. I can honestly say i enjoy being a work. As a core I love this business, and I feel that the management team will work with you to move up.

Cons

the benefits aren't the greatest, and the hours are rough sometimes(meaning too little or a 12hr day thrown in there you weren't expecting. I have to say that I can put up with alot and I have a good understanding of this business, the hardest part is the wage. for all we do and put up with minimum wage is definitely not acceptable.

One of the most difficult things I see is that the managers never seem to be on the same page or undermining eachother. there are ALOT of managers in my location and while everyone is friendly it's hard to work in an environment where you cant get a straight answer, and please be polite and thank your associates a little complement and gratitude goes along way.

Lots of work for little reward

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Sunrise, FL

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (less than an year)

Pros

it has a Comfortable environment
    Co-workers are friendly and nice community develops

Cons

Some workers just don't care
    it is hard to recieve recognition for hard work
    little room for raises