My Favorite Job So Far!

Current Employee - Associate in Palm Desert, CA
Current Employee - Associate in Palm Desert, CA

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fast paced, decent pay, managers recognize the work you do, if you work hard you get the hours you need. I love that because it is so fast paced, even if there isn't a line (which isn't often) there is a lot you can be doing, so you never are bored just waiting for customers. I'm also very appreciative of how observant the management (at my store at least) is, I'm a hard worker, and usually I get zero recognition but not here! I've been here less than 3 weeks and I'm already being spoken to about advancement opportunities.

Cons

it is very very fast paced, which can get tiring but it makes the day FLY! You have to deal with some cranky and or needy customers.

Advice to Management

So far I have no complaints. I would recommend for the POS that there be a build a sandwich option, from the bread up. A LOT of customers just want this meat with this cheese on this bread and blah blah that is nothing close to any of the menu options. I think this would be GREAT :)

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Love it @ Panera!

Current Employee - Training Associate in Mansfield, OH
    Current Employee - Training Associate in Mansfield, OH

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Managers and owners very approachable. Customer service very high priority. Enjoy going to work every day, great environment to work. Great co-workers. Favorite place to eat as a customer. Hard workers acknowledged. Advancement possible from within company.

Cons

FT hours not always available. Some trainers not qualified. Young managers, not in sync, some immaturity and favoritism.

Advice to Management

Have lunch with an associate when you stop in for visits. Secure relationships with the average employee to build trust and you'll be rewarded with more happy and loyal employees. :)

Horrible management and disappointing view of Panera

I worked at Panera Bread

Pros

Nice customers understanding, started working there as a junior in high school, gave me working experience

Cons

Continuously verbally abused by managers. I thought it was just a initiation thing, but ended up getting fired out of no where while she was interviewing people for my job! Not one write up was given to me on anything. How tacky! Never will I work at a franchise panera bread in the Tampa Bay Area.

Advice to Management

Mr. Albert covelli needs to hire people competent of being a manager. NOT 21 year olds barely knowing how to run a store. Every person deserves a right to work without harassment and discrimination of race or sexual orientation.