There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Not that great.

Former Employee - Baker  in  Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Baker in Seattle, WA

I worked at Panera Bread full-time for less than a year

Pros

Baking position is almost entirely night shift. Generally give 40 hours a week. They offer health benefits. Work is generally monotonous enough in complexity.

Cons

You work in a two man crew, and catering orders come in last second that are usually ill supplied for.

1229 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Dont work here

Former Employee - Cashier/Barista  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Cashier/Barista in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Panera Bread part-time for more than a year

Pros

you get to eat good food on breaks

Cons

they never schedule enough people for shifts
    too busy and arnt given breaks

the management dosent know what its doing

I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at this location.

Former Employee - Sandwich Line, Back of House, Whatever Was Needed  in  Irwin, PA
    Former Employee - Sandwich Line, Back of House, Whatever Was Needed in Irwin, PA

I worked at Panera Bread part-time for more than a year

Pros

I very much enjoyed the actual work. Things were really specific, and had a set process that was easy to get used to and memorize.

Cons

The location that I worked at had pretty bad management. Everyone was very young (teens-probably mid/early twenties), except for probably two managers (who didn't have as many hours). it was more like a high school. There was no differentiation between everyone because they were all best friends, so no one was giving direction or orders, really. A manager had it out for me in particular (for which I have no understanding of why, I am an extremely hard worker and very obedient) and continually caused issues with me. I was written up for mistakes (I'm human, I make them) that were very unfair and biased against me. Others would make similar mistakes (keep in mind, I made them when I was first learning), but because they were all friends, it didn't matter. I saw some employees go around the guidelines of health, throw away a ridiculous amount of food because they didn't want to properly put it away, it was just sad.

The last straw was when they told me to come in or I would be fired when I was sick with a stomach bug and was set to work on the sandwich bar. I came in, stayed in the bathroom the entire time, and avoided the duties because I didn't want to make anyone sick, let alone serve customers their food. I put in my two weeks not long after and wrote a very long letter to the district manager. I received a short response saying they would look into it and never heard anything again.

Advice I would go to upper management would be to monitor different locations more often, and be more selective when hiring managers and higher positions.

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!