Panera Bread

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Not that great.

Former Employee - Baker in Seattle, WA
Former Employee - Baker in Seattle, WA

I worked at Panera Bread full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Baking position is almost entirely night shift. Generally give 40 hours a week. They offer health benefits. Work is generally monotonous enough in complexity.

Cons

You work in a two man crew, and catering orders come in last second that are usually ill supplied for.

1398 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

I would NEVER recommend anyone to work at this location.

Former Employee - Sandwich Line, Back of House, Whatever Was Needed in Irwin, PA

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I very much enjoyed the actual work. Things were really specific, and had a set process that was easy to get used to and memorize.

Cons

The location that I worked at had pretty bad management. Everyone was very young (teens-probably mid/early twenties), except for probably two managers (who didn't have as many hours). it was more like a high school. There was no differentiation between everyone because they were all best friends, so no one was giving direction or orders, really. A manager had it out for me in particular (for which I have no understanding of why, I am an extremely hard worker and very obedient) and continually caused issues with me. I was written up for mistakes (I'm human, I make them) that were very unfair and biased against me. Others would make similar mistakes (keep in mind, I made them when I was first learning), but because they were all friends, it didn't matter. I saw some employees go around the guidelines of health, throw away a ridiculous amount of food because they didn't want to properly put it away, it was just sad.

The last straw was when they told me to come in or I would be fired when I was sick with a stomach bug and was set to work on the sandwich bar. I came in, stayed in the bathroom the entire time, and avoided the duties because I didn't want to make anyone sick, let alone serve customers their food. I put in my two weeks not long after and wrote a very long letter to the district manager. I received a short response saying they would look into it and never heard anything again.

Advice I would go to upper management would be to monitor different locations more often, and be more selective when hiring managers and higher positions.

Nice people, lot of stress

Current Employee - Cashier/Barista in Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Cashier/Barista in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Discounts, friends in workplace, good food

Cons

Never right amount of people working

Schedule accordingly