Panera Bread

www.panerabread.com

it's just a job for you

Current Employee - Baker Trainer  in  Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Baker Trainer in Charlotte, NC

Pros

good money every 2 weeks

Cons

working overnight & u don't get good sleep

pay us & stop changing our work time

Other reviews for Panera Bread

Not what I was told it would be

Current Employee - Certified Trainer  in  Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Certified Trainer in Denver, CO

Pros

The mangers were flexible with my school schedule. I made pretty decent money--started at 9 and moved up to 9.50 after the first 60 days. Got to take home pastries and other goodies when I closed. Got to wear shorts to work which was nice as it was pretty hot work environment.

Cons

The management is incredibly duplicitous. In one breath they'll scold some employees for gossiping (which was rampant) but then go behind that person's back and gossip some more. I didn't feel it was an inclusive environment at all. There was a lot of favoritism with the upper management which coupled with the back stabbing I mentioned earlier to make a very unfair work environment. There would be ra ra meetings every six weeks or so where new policies would be promised only to fall by the wayside a few days later. As a result of all this turnover was extreme. In 11 months I must have seen close to 80 people come and go.

Make the environment more welcoming. When an employee hears two mangers degrade and talk about other employees it makes it really hard to want to come in to work. Also have some more strict hiring practices. Just because an individual has a regular heartbeat and can start next week does not mean that person should be hired. High turnover destroys morale, and this place needs all the high spirits it can get.

Horrible Company

Former Employee - Associate  in  Dublin, OH
    Former Employee - Associate in Dublin, OH

Pros

Pay is decent compared to other fast food restaurants.

Cons

Horrible management, low morale, inconsistent hours.

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread.

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!