Panera Bread

www.panerabread.com
There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Hard work doesn't pay off

Former Employee - Cashier/Barista in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Cashier/Barista in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Got experience in a fast-paced quick-serve restaurant. Worked my butt off and consistently rang $1000 days with almost-perfect accuracy.

Cons

Hours can be brutal. My store was chronically understaffed due to high turnover. Repetitive work performed while standing on concrete floors.
I wanted to love working there because I like the food, but there was no incentive to stay- after 9 months I got a measly 13-cent per hour raise. Employer offered healthcare is expensive and doesn't cover much.

Take care of your good employees!

1474 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Mediocre

I worked at Panera Bread

Pros

Free Panera for lunch, that's about it.

Cons

The manager didn't seem to care and were not that friendly. Didn't bother to teach you anything and kind of left you on your own. Turnover rate is crazy high.

no dramas, just bread

I have been working at Panera Bread

Pros

everybody knows what to do and how... no surprises no managers pushing... everything just right... I like that in a difference of other companies that they are just looking on something wrong to point on.

Cons

Pay rate could be better, there is no bonuses or extra motivation, what you see is what you get... no more

get more involved on the daily performance of every department, sometimes with the time team members can get relax on some steps and mess the work of others.

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread