Panera Bread

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Cashier / Back of the House

Former Employee - Cashier in Vestavia Hills, AL
Former Employee - Cashier in Vestavia Hills, AL

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Excellent Meals Great Working environment training was exemplary

Cons

not enough hours ... Some lack of communicating between management and employees

Get rid of the politics

1398 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Worst Managers EVER!

Former Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN
    Former Employee - Cashier in Knoxville, TN

I worked at Panera Bread part-time (less than an year)

Pros

A handful of the co-workers are real and genuine they make the job enjoyable.

Cons

Lack of leadership and communication skills among the managers
    Low pay for all the things they expect of you
    Too many trainers to train you each one has a different way of doing things and it's confusing ( this one trainer kept tugging on my arm and yelling at me.)
    Most of the employees are fake nice, they don't get along. Talking about inappropriate things in ear shot of customers.
    It's funny they say no Jerks as part of their "Culture" but the two managers where I worked were just that Jerks. Their attitude's changed when I had to change my availability, one tried to make me feel guilty about it by rubbing it in my face that my availability was the main reason I was hired. ( I guess they're mad that they couldn't work me as one of their Panera Zombie slaves).
    From the first day I started I was told that the schedules were made on Wednesdays and posted on Thursdays, then all of a sudden a week before I quit my doctor had scheduled me an appointment the following Friday, I called a good week ahead of time it was Tuesday but the manager I talked to said I would have to talk to the other manager because she already made the schedules for next week saying they make their schedules on Sundays. (Since when?) I wasn't aware of this but he acted like I should've been stating "If you're here you're here, if you're not you're not." and "I don't have time to look at the schedules right now." Mind you I never asked him if he could look at the schedules. (That's not all he said but I don't want this to drag on it was more rude stuff that came out of left field.) So I message the other manager and she said "Please put in request by Sunday, I'll change it for the last time." What? why was I not told that the schedules were now being made on Sunday? You're the managers it's your job to COMMUNICATE with your employees.
    Overall I wouldn't recommend this job unless the managers are changed

Invest in some Leadership Skills, Communication Skills courses longer than just a two week course maybe a few months. And if a collective amount of employees complain about a certain manager and the complaints are similar step in and do something disciplinary or fire them and get someone in there who has better skills and better personality.

Awsome

Current Employee - Cashier in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Cashier in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Food, discount, nice people and good food

Cons

Work, needs more pay, working weekends and holidays

better scheduling