There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Fun

Current Employee - Panera Bread Associate  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Panera Bread Associate in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Panera Bread part-time for less than a year

Pros

Food, guests, good workers, and discounts

Cons

Heavy load, smell,and lengthy hours

Nothing

1225 Other Employee Reviews for Panera Bread (View Most Recent)

Fun at first.

Current Employee - Associate Trainer
    Current Employee - Associate Trainer

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time for more than a year

Pros

Workers are fun and friendly, food is good. Associate discount is very handy. Enjoy the job when enough staff is present to handle the high volume of customers.

Cons

After two years and numerous "certifications" I received no compensation, even after becoming an associate trainer. The only raise I ever received was due to a hike in minimum wage. Workload is very heavy for little pay, as we are often understaffed. Many hoops to jump through just to get a few extra cents an hour. Corporate tries to regulate just about every aspect of the cafe, somewhat unsuccessfully. I do not understand how a company with such a high associate turnover could be so successful. Could have just been the location, but many former employees from other locations agree with me.

Allow cafes to handle raises without as much interference from corporate. It is very hard for managers and associates alike to feel appreciated when compensation is so meager. Associates get upset and take it out on the management team, who really has no say in the matter anyway. There are better ways to manage costs without taking from the pockets of the associates who try to help the company grow.

Ineptitude and Arrogance

Current Employee - Corporate
    Current Employee - Corporate

I have been working at Panera Bread full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A few really smart people still work here.

Cons

The 'No Jerks' policy is a complete sham. Some of the most vile people I have ever met work here. The real problem is leadership and an abundance of the Peter Principal. Most of the people in leadership positions are very incompetent and driven by not what is best for the company, but striving to make one another look bad. Many are in their positions because a few people were hired from the outside and brought in at the wrong level. To compensate and placate egos, a lot of people were moved up who are totally unqualified. The result has been chaos,good people leaving and inferior products and services. There are no career paths since management is so completely bloated.

Slim down the amount of 'leadership' to only include those with actual abilities. Develop a business vision that aligns with the brand and focus on what is needed to achieve it. That includes infrastructure. Stop wasting time and money with suggested books, warmth surveys and off site meetings to address the dysfunctional teams. It is well known who the D-list players are and they need to be demoted to the correct positions where they may be able to succeed. Finally, either remove 'No Jerks' from the literature or take steps to move the many, many jerks out the door!

There are newer employer reviews for Panera Bread

Worked for Panera Bread? Contribute to the Community!