Papa John's
www.papajohns.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

Great place to work for the right kind of person.

Director (Former Employee)
Louisville, KY

ProsThe culture is great and the people you work with are outstanding. Work environment is relaxed and minimal politics at the corporate HQ. Many of the silos that once existed between departments have been torn down. There is more cross functional collaboration now and this has greatly improved performance and morale.

I cannot say too many good things about the people who work at the corporate office. Most have a high level of team orientation and work hard to support others in the company. Many of the managers, directors and Sr. leaders show great concern for their team members. I personally have seen several go the extra mile.

Nigel Travis has done great things to build morale among the team and is very good at communicating.

ConsSometimes things change very quickly and you must be comfortable with rapid change to work there.

Benefits are not as good as other employers in area. Due to constant budget constraints several areas are understaffed and team members in those areas are over worked and highly stressed. The challenges of the current economy and the costs of commodities and labor place constant pressure on the budget and there are "seasons" of cost containment that result in travel restrictions etc. Upper management is against laying anyone off but hiring is often suspended and staffing is seldom in line with performance expectations.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou have a very dedicated workforce but many are highly stressed out due to workload.

Good pizza, blah job.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I worked at Papa John's

Pros: Discounts on the pizza were great as well as getting to eat any "mistakes" that the cooks made. Paychecks were for a point weekly, but… Cons: The job is the same boring though day in and day out; pizza making gets old very quickly.… Advice to Senior Management: Crack down on managers who smoke pot in the walk-in. More

Delivery driving is an enjoyable job if properly staffed.

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)
    Falls Church, VA

I worked at Papa John's

Pros: Delivery driving is good work with decent tips. I spent my days listening to music while driving around the city and made an average… Cons: We only made five dollars an hour, with 5% comission. The biggest problem came from being overstaffed. If you're only taking out one… Advice to Senior Management: Schedule drivers more appropriately. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Papa John's.

Worked for Papa John's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Papa John's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Papa John's CEO John H. Schnatter. All reviews posted anonymously by Papa John's employees.