Papa John's

Good for college students

Current Employee - Delivery Driver
Current Employee - Delivery Driver

I have been working at Papa John's

Pros

Perfect for college students as far as flexibility and pay goes

Cons

No opportunities for advancement- DRIVERS MAKE MORE MONEY THAN MANAGERS!

584 Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's (View Most Recent)

It's a job. Nothing more.

Current Employee - Insider
    Current Employee - Insider

I have been working at Papa John's

Pros

There's a lot of really cool people that work there
    Weekly pay
    It's an EXTREMELY easy job when you don't overthink it

Cons

You NEVER leave when you're scheduled to leave...EVER. There have been times where I've stayed two hours over when I was supposed to go. It's hard to schedule a personal life around a work schedule that basically lets you leave when THEY feel you should leave.
    There is absolutely NO chance at overtime, at least not at my store. They would rather be shorthanded than give out overtime. I think that's crazy.
    I've been working at my store for almost a year and a half and I have NEVER recieved a raise. Everytime I ask, I get the run-around and told to wait a few months. The only way to get a raise is to become management, and I think that's awful. The managers don't have alot of support, and the computers are always crashing.I've had management tell me DIRECTLY that "Papa Johns doesn't care about you or any of its employees. They just care about how much money they make." That's a direct quote. So...yeah.

Offer regular pay increases. Obtaining a raise shouldn't be some secret process. Also, a better scheduling process would be ideal. If the schedule says I should leave at 8, why am I still required to stay until 10? That's crazy.

Low pay for the level of stress. Poor decisions by upper management

Current Employee - Shift Leader
    Current Employee - Shift Leader

I have been working at Papa John's

Pros

fairly simple job, some ability to move up in company, come in contact with an interesting variety of people. predictable income.

Cons

low pay, ok benifits, not a lot of day to day variety, minimal training for all management positions, stupid upper management

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's