Papa John's
www.papajohns.com Louisville, KY 5000+ Employees

An okay job while in school

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Papa John's

ProsI worked in a college town, so that was fun as I worked with my peers. I am energized under pressure, so when it was very busy, it was very fun and (as a delivery driver) I made great tips. I had an amazing supervisor, and I got promoted after about 5 months.

ConsI worked in a college town, so that was a challenge: when summer hit, work was in very short order. When relying on a job to 'meet ends', it can be very troubling when that work isn't steady. And close to the end I got a really crappy supervisor after the aforementioned amazing supervisor left.

Advice to Senior ManagementEach store operator is unique, I'm sure. My particular operator would rather have 8 drivers sitting at the store off the clock during a very slow period instead of having 4 at the store and 2 on standby. I thought that was irritating and possibly illegal (I'm not sure about that one though...I thought workers had to work a certain number of hours while at the store...? I don't know).

Delivery Driver

I have been working at Papa John's part-time

Pros: Pizza deliveries get good tips Cons: too much wear and tear on vehicle – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

All based on tips

Delivery Driver (Former Employee)

I worked at Papa John's part-time for less than a year

Pros: Averaged $17/hr on some good nights with plentiful tips Cons: Pay can be very low when there is a lack… Advice to Senior Management: Have enough drivers on busy nights, and reduce driver workforce… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Papa John's.

Worked for Papa John's? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Papa John's reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Papa John's CEO John H. Schnatter. All reviews posted anonymously by Papa John's employees.