Papa John's

www.papajohns.com
  www.papajohns.com
There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

The corporation is amazing. Working for a franchise is subject to it's own set of ups and downs.

Former Employee - Marketing Director in Dayton, OH
Former Employee - Marketing Director in Dayton, OH

I worked at Papa John's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Backing by corporate and their support was wonderful. Very creative environment and passionate people.

Cons

The franchise I worked for was difficult and often did things poorly.

Pay close attention to franchisees

520 Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's (View Most Recent)

Unclean and unprofessional place to work.

Former Employee - Cashier in Eagle River, AK
    Former Employee - Cashier in Eagle River, AK

I worked at Papa John's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The one thing I did like about working there was being allowed to make myself a pizza for free before I went home, and getting free pizza and soda during any down time (although this was NOT good for my waistline!).

Cons

Working at a Papa John's inside a Wal Mart in Alaska meant dealing with a lot of impatient customers who wanted to finish their grocery shopping. Also, money was stolen from the till during the week I was hired, so I was moved off of the cash register and put in the back to make pizza without having a food handler's card. I was told the other employees weren't under suspicion because they had "worked [there] for so long". I also wasn't allowed to take a clocked out lunch break because I didn't smoke like the manager and other employees.

Possibly raise the standard for management within local stores and make sure health codes are being followed. Being 17 at the time, I wasn't aware preparing food without a food handler's card was illegal. I also noticed that even when someone would call in a food allergy, the other employees would not wash their cutlery between making pizzas.

Assistant Manager

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Toms River, NJ
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Toms River, NJ

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Company to work for, learned alot about how to be a manager here. Hours can vary depending on the schedule, the store is open late.

Cons

Salary is capped by franchising restrictions, hard to really move up to that top tier.

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's