Papa John's

www.papajohns.com
  www.papajohns.com
There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

Easy job, depending on your managers

Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in San Diego, CA
Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Papa John's part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible schedule, I have a great manager that will go out of his way to get me my days off. If last minute i can't work, i can easily call another employee to cover my shift if available. Can make good tips, depending on location. Everyone is assigned chores so not everyone is stumbling around looking for something to do.

Cons

Get promoted to assistant manager too easily. There was a 17 year old kid as a manager, who was horrible. Hate how the schedule is soo vague, you are told what time to go in and never know when you are leaving. Breaks are'nt even given to many employees after 5 hours which puts a real strain on employees. And the milage that is reimbursed is a little over a dollar for each delivery. They need to reimburse for gas, especially with the gas prices skyrocketing.

Train your managers better.

515 Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's (View Most Recent)

Keep out!

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Longview, TX
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Longview, TX

I worked at Papa John's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers are usually awesome. 50% employee discount.

Cons

This job could be awesome, but it isn't. If you are a hard worker and can work any shift then you will get hours. They pay you the absolute minimum: $7.25 instore, $4.00 on the road. The manager will log you out on deliveries early to make numbers look good, but will be cutting your pay because of it. NEVER agree to move instore either as an insider or, especially, a manager. The supervisor has fired and demoted people for disposing of spoiled food rather than serving it. After we were robbed at gunpoint, the only security measure that was put in place was a security light being fixed. The only reason things got fixed is because it got reported to osha. Don't get comfortable with your GM if he is an honest worker; he'll get replaced soon. And so will the next one if he isn't crooked enough.

Cut Throat Capitalist Pizza

Former Employee - Delivery Driver
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver

I worked at Papa John's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

The discount on pizza and a few nice co-workers were really the only positives.

Cons

Poor pay & benefits. Poor scheduling. Made drivers take late night deliveries into very suspect areas known for violent crimes.

Pay your employees and stop playing the political game.

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's