Papa John's

Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

Good hourly job

I have been working at Papa John's

Pros

friendly work environment, flexible hours, cheap food.

Cons

low pay, food service is messy.

584 Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's (View Most Recent)

Papa John's 2013

Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Marketing Coordinator in Louisville, KY

I worked at Papa John's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Extremely high attention to product quality and customer service at the restaurant level. Overly excessive emphasis on customer who order online by over-discounting their orders and peeks.

Cons

There is essentially no company emphasis on development of a well-rounded consumer rewards program because the consumers who order by phone or walk-in are given far, far less opportunity to save money or be rewarded (as compared to online ordering customers). Middle management operations department has opted to revert to the way business was handled in the early years (1984 - 2003). General Managers and the Directors of Operations are the only contact for business customers (schools, organizations, apartments, hotels, retail, industrial) without the assistance of a dedicated account manager. This makes an ongoing relationship between company and customer challenging to grow at best. A worst it offers an opportunity for the business customer to shop around with other pizza suppliers.

They should re-instate the 2003 - 20012 test of a local level Account Manager who calls on business (schools, organizations, apartments, hotels, retail, industrial). Whatever salary is paid to the Account Manager should be divided among the restaurants supplied, i.e. the stores who will realized the increased pizza purchases and profits.

A decent amount of stress with not so great compensation. It's a "job".

Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Auburn, AL
    Former Employee - Assistant Manager in Auburn, AL

I worked at Papa John's full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Coworkers... well some of them. Free pizza until you get tired of it. I've also got some interesting stories over my period of time with the company.

Cons

I worked at a pretty high volume store in a college town so it could get intense at times. Not all stores are like mine. The cons of the job are pretty much the same with any management job in the foodservice industry including dealing with less than intelligent customers, babysitting some whiny coworkers, and not getting paid enough to make it seem worthwhile.

Be at the store just a little more and be a little better about disseminating information. The store manager gets a bonus if certain goals are met, which at our store they often are, but assistant managers have no incentives like that yet we're running the store the most. Some incentives for performance would be nice.

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's