Papa John's

www.papajohns.com

Papa John's 2013

Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) Louisville, KY

ProsExtremely high attention to product quality and customer service at the restaurant level. Overly excessive emphasis on customer who order online by over-discounting their orders and peeks.

ConsThere is essentially no company emphasis on development of a well-rounded consumer rewards program because the consumers who order by phone or walk-in are given far, far less opportunity to save money or be rewarded (as compared to online ordering customers). Middle management operations department has opted to revert to the way business was handled in the early years (1984 - 2003). General Managers and the Directors of Operations are the only contact for business customers (schools, organizations, apartments, hotels, retail, industrial) without the assistance of a dedicated account manager. This makes an ongoing relationship between company and customer challenging to grow at best. A worst it offers an opportunity for the business customer to shop around with other pizza suppliers.

Advice to Senior ManagementThey should re-instate the 2003 - 20012 test of a local level Account Manager who calls on business (schools, organizations, apartments, hotels, retail, industrial). Whatever salary is paid to the Account Manager should be divided among the restaurants supplied, i.e. the stores who will realized the increased pizza purchases and profits.

A decent amount of stress with not so great compensation. It's a "job".

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Auburn, AL

I worked at Papa John's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Coworkers... well some of them. Free pizza until you get tired of it.… Cons: I worked at a pretty high volume store in a college town so it could get intense at times. Not all stores are like mine.… Advice to Senior Management: Be at the store just a little more and be a little better about disseminating information. The store manager gets a bonus if certain goals… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Alright

In Store Team Member (Former Employee) Great Falls, MT

I worked at Papa John's part-time for less than a year

Pros: -Active -Engaging -Fair management -Plenty to do -good pizza Cons: It felt as though I was working under the table. I was working "in-store" as a door hanger guy walking… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Papa John's.

Worked for Papa John's? Contribute to the Community!