Papa John's

www.papajohns.com
  www.papajohns.com
There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

Easy job, Minimum wage, Questionable company, Decent coworkers.

Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Lake Forest, CA
Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Lake Forest, CA

I have been working at Papa John's part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Being either a delivery driver or a general manager is the best way to go. Don't even bother working at a franchise store if you're going to be an in-store employee or an assistant manager. Both get very little pay.
-Relatively low stress and easy job, depending on how managers treat you.

Cons

-Sometimes you're required to stay later than you plan for.
-Sometimes the managers treat you unfairly or try to enact stupid policies.
-Sometimes it's hard to get enough hours.
-Sometimes you have to take cuts in hours.

Don't make up your own policies. Be fair. Don't get a power trip.

520 Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's (View Most Recent)

Alright

Former Employee - In Store Team Member in Great Falls, MT
    Former Employee - In Store Team Member in Great Falls, MT

I worked at Papa John's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

-Active
    -Engaging
    -Fair management
    -Plenty to do
    -good pizza

Cons

It felt as though I was working under the table. I was working "in-store" as a door hanger guy walking around neighborhoods putting ads on their doors. I wasn't even considered a worker there.
    There is no record of me working there.

Papa John's teaches us P.A.P.A, They say people are priority always, but they misspelled profits.

Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Greensboro, NC
    Current Employee - Delivery Driver in Greensboro, NC

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The only pro of working at Papa John's, is you get an appreciation for how hard people in the food industry work, and the vast amount of amazing people you can meet. I've worked with really awesome people, just all in an undesirable socioeconomic position.

Cons

Rabid dishonesty from the top to the bottom. Have worked at Papa John's for nearly 9 years. There has been a persistent trend of creating new policies, that supposedly are better for both employees and customers. Simple deductive reasoning of each situation suggest, that each new policy was only beneficial to PAPA and his profits. Any attempt to question the all mighty gods of PAPA corporate are met with accusations of laziness or stupidity, despite evidence to the contrary.. As stated above, with 9 years of full time experience, coupled with obtaining a bachelors degree while working for Papa Johns. I sadly still make the same as somebody hired tomorrow. It's a sad truth that Papa John's does not value it's employees. You will get the same crap wage, no matter how hard you work. I could write a book on the exploitative practices of this company. Yes men, with no integrity are picked out for management. By the way, the shift runner at your local Papas, most likely makes less than $10 an hour, to lead a team of 10-15 members during busy night shifts. While the GMs, the only salary position in the stores, work the slower daytime shifts and pawn off responsibilities to the night shift. For the drivers, they're not adequately reimbursed for gas mileage or wear and tear on the car. Most importantly, EVERYBODY is expendable. They don't care about ANYBODY. $$$

Find it in yourselves to demonstrate integrity, even if the face of exploitative directives. At the very least, acknowledge the hypocrisy in every facet of this company. It's more than obvious for any full time employee that thinks independently.

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's