Papa John's

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

A great second job!

Former Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Walker, MI
Former Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Walker, MI

I worked at Papa John's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meeting new people.
Great work environment.
Pretty good tips.
Pizza!

Cons

$4 an hour when on deliveries.
Closing is difficult without an in store person.
Shift managers overworked and expected to juggle a lot.

Have at least one person in store during late hours to help keep up with dishes and closing a to reduce overhead from late closes and busy delivery nights.

507 Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's (View Most Recent)

Good first job, just don't make a career out of it

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Shift Leader in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Papa John's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

it's a job. free pizza/drinks

Cons

Upper management for this company owned store in Charlotte, NC was incompetent (and i'm being nice). no room for constructive feedback. District Managers and General Managers only cared about numbers. The District Manager in charge of my store had no idea what he was doing and openly bashed the previous DM (even though the previous DM got a promotion). Employees were repeatedly reminded that they were expendable. Pay was not acceptable for what was required from management. Bonuses were unattainable. Driver's are repeatedly getting the short end. Papa John should be ashamed of himself for how his corporate run stores are operating.

Treat your employees, who help make you the money, as people and not numbers. Listen to constructive criticism from the people on the front lines. Pay management better. Maybe John Schnatter should take that billion dollars in profits and invest it into paying his employees better. Better pay, better employees.

Overworked,underpaid.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Columbus, OH

I worked at Papa John's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I got to meet some pretty decent people and didn't actually HAVE to work hard. I enjoyed the freedom of driving around and not having to stay cooped indoors.

Cons

I spent 70% of what I made on my car. I bought a little japanese car that got 35+ MPG while delivering and I figured that would make it worth it. I worked 5 days a week. Always the stupidest shift including delivering unhealthy food to high schools. My gas cost me more than anything, and if you've ever done any delivering, you know that oil changes, brakes, tires, bearings all go quickly from constant stop and go. Working fulltime, i was still unable to pay my relativley cheap rent.

Maybe cut the workers in a little bit more on the profits. I place that is willing to pay minimum wage is simply only paying they have, and would pay less if they could.

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's