Papa John's

www.papajohns.com
  www.papajohns.com
There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

Good first job, just don't make a career out of it

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Shift Leader in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Papa John's full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

it's a job. free pizza/drinks

Cons

Upper management for this company owned store in Charlotte, NC was incompetent (and i'm being nice). no room for constructive feedback. District Managers and General Managers only cared about numbers. The District Manager in charge of my store had no idea what he was doing and openly bashed the previous DM (even though the previous DM got a promotion). Employees were repeatedly reminded that they were expendable. Pay was not acceptable for what was required from management. Bonuses were unattainable. Driver's are repeatedly getting the short end. Papa John should be ashamed of himself for how his corporate run stores are operating.

Treat your employees, who help make you the money, as people and not numbers. Listen to constructive criticism from the people on the front lines. Pay management better. Maybe John Schnatter should take that billion dollars in profits and invest it into paying his employees better. Better pay, better employees.

517 Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's (View Most Recent)

Overworked,underpaid.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in Columbus, OH

I worked at Papa John's full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I got to meet some pretty decent people and didn't actually HAVE to work hard. I enjoyed the freedom of driving around and not having to stay cooped indoors.

Cons

I spent 70% of what I made on my car. I bought a little japanese car that got 35+ MPG while delivering and I figured that would make it worth it. I worked 5 days a week. Always the stupidest shift including delivering unhealthy food to high schools. My gas cost me more than anything, and if you've ever done any delivering, you know that oil changes, brakes, tires, bearings all go quickly from constant stop and go. Working fulltime, i was still unable to pay my relativley cheap rent.

Maybe cut the workers in a little bit more on the profits. I place that is willing to pay minimum wage is simply only paying they have, and would pay less if they could.

5 years 9 GMS

Current Employee - Assistant Manager
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at Papa John's full-time

Pros

the relationship you build with your team and customers
    Paid every week

Cons

Lazy GMs
    Favoritism (GM, MG, and Team Members)
    Workers coming in when they want
    setting up folks for failure
    no stable GMs (went through 9 in 5 years)
    Write ups that don't make sense

I would like for Management to do surprise visits on their stores. Not just when the big boss is in town and it matters. Visit when it don't matter. You'd be surprise the things that go on in and out of those stores. Everything those team members do while they're there is a put on the moment you leave the same continues. Stop setting people up to fail.

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's