There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

Good first job, just don't make a career out of it

Former Employee - Shift Leader in Charlotte, NC
Former Employee - Shift Leader in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Papa John's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

it's a job. free pizza/drinks

Cons

Upper management for this company owned store in Charlotte, NC was incompetent (and i'm being nice). no room for constructive feedback. District Managers and General Managers only cared about numbers. The District Manager in charge of my store had no idea what he was doing and openly bashed the previous DM (even though the previous DM got a promotion). Employees were repeatedly reminded that they were expendable. Pay was not acceptable for what was required from management. Bonuses were unattainable. Driver's are repeatedly getting the short end. Papa John should be ashamed of himself for how his corporate run stores are operating.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees, who help make you the money, as people and not numbers. Listen to constructive criticism from the people on the front lines. Pay management better. Maybe John Schnatter should take that billion dollars in profits and invest it into paying his employees better. Better pay, better employees.

reviews filtered by
  1. papa johns driver

I have been working at Papa John's

Pros

I like my managers and the flexible scheduling. Everybody is pretty laid bad. Job is extremely easy. Get a 50% discount on pizza which is nice.

Cons

Upper management refuses to fix little things. I.E a trash can wheel has been broken for about six months. That's a fix that would cost maybe $50. People not tipping.

2. I'm a working Manager, yet I get paid like I'm a normal employee.

Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people with whom you work with are usually great people and they become your friends.

Cons

The pay is not enough for the experience that I have, and the work ethics that I bring to each store that I work at.

Advice to Management

Take some of the profit that you have and put it towards the employees who make your products, so that you can hire better employees, and have more loyal employees, and not just pay them minimum wage.