Best Company Ever; Depends on Manager

Current Employee - Team Member in Smyrna, GA
Current Employee - Team Member in Smyrna, GA

I have been working at Papa John's part-time (More than a year)

Pros

-First job, better then great pay for teens. -Opportunities for moving up the corporate ladder -Awesome 50% discount -Constantly striving for greatness -Knowing that you work in a higher class more expensive pizza place mean's better tips

Cons

-can't control schedule time wise, but can control it day wise so good for college

Advice to Management

Keep picking great managers or all these could change to negatives.

Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's

1. Hell in a hand basket.

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Papa John's (More than a year)

Pros

The people are fun to work with, and have remained friends with many of them.

Cons

NO federally mandated breaks, benefits (if you can get them) are basically nothing, little respect from higher ups.

Advice to Management

Start treating your employees like people and not mindless slaves. There's a reason why in two and a half years I saw hundreds of people come and go with in a month of starting. People are people regardless of job position. Everyone deserves some respect.

2. No employee rights, nonstop BS.

Current Employee - Shift Manager
    Current Employee - Shift Manager

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked there for 6 years so a lot of my coworkers became family to me. Easiest job you could probably have.

Cons

However, no breaks, no rights, they lie to you nonstop. I was pregnant and desperately needed bedrest but they had no remorse and wouldn't let me have a lighter workload. The upper management care about their money and nothing else. They would constantly come in a ridicule everything in the store and leave in their hundred thousand dollar cars. They ignore a lot of raise requests from the GMs and overall don't give a rats tail about anybody.

Advice to Management

Pay your instores and mangers a LITTLE bit more and maybe you would have a less turn around and employees that actually put effort into the work.