There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

Long hours, be ready to work but make money.

Current Employee - Training General Manager in Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Training General Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Upper management provides you the freedom to do your job (GM) without micro-managing. The bonus structure can reward hard work after you hit your numbers.

Cons

Long hours (48+ a week), lack of advancement with franchise. Not a whole lot of benefits.

Know that this job is harder than it pays.

480 Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's (View Most Recent)

Provide Vehicles.

Former Employee - Delivery Driver in West Palm Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Delivery Driver in West Palm Beach, FL

I worked at Papa John's part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Working with pizza and good people. Closing is much easier than some other restaurants. Tips can add up, but usually go to gas.

Cons

Spent more on vehicle upkeep than was paid in a one month period (including tips). Advertised as making $12-$16/hr but you really get $4.91/hr. Drivers only get a fraction of the $2.40 delivery fee which is suppose to be for gas but I did not find that adequate for my 18 mpg city vehicle.

Would otherwise normally provide such incentives, however, I choose to support small businesses instead of Corporations that profit enough to (refer to top). But choose not to.

Worst job EVER! Don't even consider it!

Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Springboro, OH
    Current Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Springboro, OH

I have been working at Papa John's full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Decent tips, although they come at the expense of your car.

Cons

Lowest pay among pizza chains, bosses who think they know everything there is to know about everything, required to clean store before leaving while being paid below minimum wage, required to answer phones and tend ovens (while still making below minimum wage), and a huge toll on your car. Working full-time for a year, I brought in $1600 a month yet put over 4000 miles on my car each month. Rarely did I make more than I spent on car maintenance and gas. Add to that the fact that sales are steadily declining and there have been multiple company-wide pay cuts disguised as possible raises (swing pay) and drops in the compensation given to drivers per delivery, and this place makes me laugh at the fact I ever gave it a chance.

Recognize that you are a manager/district manager of a pizza joint, meaning you obviously are not Einstein. When someone approaches you with a problem/solution, LISTEN! Don't disregard it as if your employees are idiots. The reason you have such a high turnaround is the fact that employees are treated with less respect in this place than criminals in jail.

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's