There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

Assistant Manager, shift runner and key holder.

Former Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver  in  Coral Springs, FL
Former Employee - Pizza Delivery Driver in Coral Springs, FL

I worked at Papa John's full-time for more than a year

Pros

Free food
No Drug Test/ Background Screening

Cons

Low Pay
Customer Service can be difficult

The videos and training exams do a poor job of training employees. Consider using more engaging learning strategies.

448 Other Employee Reviews for Papa John's (View Most Recent)

Good for a first job. The people are usually pretty awesome.

Former Employee - Shift Manager
    Former Employee - Shift Manager

I worked at Papa John's full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked as an "insider" and "shift manager" for the franchise owned by Houston Pizza Venture. Great first job. The environment is fun, exciting, and fast-paced. The people were the best part of it. Not bad pay, but again, probably best as a first job (unless you make management). Moving up is easy and you're never bored in your position. Lots of opportunities to learn different aspects of the restaurant industry. I just graduated with my degree in Hotel & Restaurant Management. The experience I gained from working there really helped me in my degree. I learned inventory procedures, proper storing methods for produce/frozen/refrigerated goods, purchasing software (obviously not one-on-one with suppliers), and proper sanitation techniques. Keeping the store clean is a huge thing for the company so chores are a must. I would not recommend this job if you don't want to mop the floors, sweep, clean dishes, etc. Everyone pitches in to help (or at least they should). I was able to work here and go to school while I was involved in several extracurricular activities. The store I worked for often got together with other stores within the franchise and hung out outside of work. Created an amazingly fun work atmosphere. Competitions and employee outings were rewards for up-selling items. You get to eat left-over pizza and sometimes can do "trade-offs" with other restaurants. Expect to work on weekends.

Cons

Because it's a franchise, you don't have much say in anything as an employee. Not everyone is as smart as you hope. I had only been working a month and was already going through new general management changes because of employee theft. Lots of drama because of the age of the employees.

Delivery Driver

I worked at Papa John's part-time

Pros

Good management, not a hard job.

Cons

Sometimes, there will be bad tips but that comes with the job.

There are newer employer reviews for Papa John's

Worked for Papa John's? Contribute to the Community!