Pape Dawson
www.pape-dawson.com San Antonio, TX 150 to 499 Employees

My experience working for Pape-Dawson Engineers.

Project Engineer (Former Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsIt is a well established company that is well known in central Texas. There are a lot of people to learn from and that have years of experience. They do residential, commercial, and governmental jobs (including State Highway work) meaning they will be around for a while and be able to weather any storm.

ConsThe company can be quite strict on "at the workplace" things making it a bit stuffy and not as fun as other places to work. Promotions also seem to be a lot more of "who you know' or "how much of a brown nose you have" rather than the work you do.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and realize that they work for you and spend 40+ hours doing so. Doing a little to make them happy goes a long way.

Great company to work for, but...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I worked at Pape Dawson full-time

Pros: Extremely high moral standards permeate from the top down, and result in a very high quality product and an enthusiastic workforce. In my experience… Cons: Certain policies were inflexible and out-of-touch with the workforce. I witnessed Senior management being very vitriolic in expressing their frustration or disgust with personnel.… Advice to Senior Management: What you do well, you do exceptionally well! Keep that up -- and that is the majority of what you do. Just… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great place learn and gain experience, pay is good, room for advancement; however, the company can tire you.

Engineer III (Former Employee)
    San Antonio, TX

I worked at Pape Dawson

Pros: - Great experience - Opportunities to grow within company - Respected firm in the engineering community - Professional environment -… Cons: Cons are more about the engineering profession as a whole and not really about the company. Just the way it is - Fast paced environment - Stressed… Advice to Senior Management: Treat your engineers better. Nurture and train them to be prepared for their PE.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Pape Dawson.

Worked for Pape Dawson? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pape Dawson reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Pape Dawson CEO Sam Dawson. All reviews posted anonymously by Pape Dawson employees.