Paper Source

There are newer employer reviews for Paper Source

Low stress and enjoyable

Current Employee - Sales Associate
Current Employee - Sales Associate

I have been working at Paper Source part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Low stress, relaxed, friendly co-workers, opportunity to improve art skills. There is a discount of 30%, which is nice because it can be a bit expensive. And absolutely gorgeous paper.

Cons

My biggest complaint is that because of the sheer volume of sales associates, it's not likely to be scheduled for more than 1 or 2 shifts a week as a sales associate. This would be fine if the shifts were more than four hours. Additionally, it can definitely get a bit boring, but that's retail for you.

Consider hiring less sales associates to be able to put low level employees on for more than 4-8 hours a week.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Paper Source (View Most Recent)

A Retail Experience Unlike Any Other

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Paper Source full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people that we hire are the best. We are passionate about the Paper Source brand, and all of the pretty little things we sell!

Cons

The pay could be better, and the training could be less flowery-- less geared towards "creative types". We are smart, and we bring something to the team- ask us how Paper Source can be better- we'll tell you!

Keep the lines of communication open- and incent your teams to share information. Ask for feedback, and critique. It's better to know what people are thinking than to be blindsided in a forum like Glassdoor.

It's a really fun company to work for.

I have been working at Paper Source part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Learning first hand the many kinds of creative projects people are working on and what their process for completing those projects looks like. Having the opportunity with the demo cart in the store, to actually be able to walk customers through project steps to make sure their comfortable with using their products before they leave the store.

Cons

Well it's retail. There are certain sales goals and objects that have to be met on a daily basis. The pay isn't the worst, but it's not the best either. It's a great job to have as a hobby, since most positions are only part time.

Paper Source Response

Sep 16, 2014Manager- Field Recruitment

Glad to have you on the team. We love the passion in those associates that truly can inspire creativity and help our customers through their projects..while of course, meeting sales goals in the ... More

There are newer employer reviews for Paper Source