Papyrus

www.papyrusonline.com
  www.papyrusonline.com
There are newer employer reviews for Papyrus

Not the best place to work.

Former Employee - Keyholder
Former Employee - Keyholder

I worked at Papyrus part-time (more than an year)

Pros

We got an amazing discount. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. Got to learn how to wrap beautiful presents. Worked with fabulous products.

Cons

Leadership seemed very removed from what was actually happening in stores. For example they would routinely send marketing materials and merchandising plans that our store was completely unable to do because we lacked the correct fixtures or products in our location. I imagine this happens in most stores. They would also come down hard on store management for not solving random problems in the way that senior management would have liked without providing reasons, clarification, or training opportunities for management and staff to grow from.

The store staff is small and this left little opportunity for career growth. My schedule was horrible and I would often be asked to work six or more days in a row while still being well under part time in terms of hours and benefits which lead to them being able to take full advantage of my availability while making it impossible for me to earn a living wage either through them or by finding employment opportunities outside of them (it's hard to schedule interviews or even provide a schedule to another employer when you don't have days off and your hours are constantly changing).

Focus on training. You have good staff in place in most stores. invest in them. Find ways to make them feel appreciated and when something happens use it as a training opportunity. Also showing job listing within stores and corporate and making this listing available specifically to employees will be able to help them find opportunities within the company so they don't have to look for those opportunities elsewhere.

Get your act together with your marketing team. Have clear visions of what your marketing plan is and why. Then have clear and attainable ways for your stores to roll out those plans. For example this summer you sent a blue "coral" sheet to hang in in the front window... Which honestly looked tacky and not like coral at all BUT assuming someone somewhere did like it and thought it had value then wouldn't it have been fun to do something summery with that and showcase all of the nautical and/or beach themed products we carry? Rather than just putting some random products by it?

79 Other Employee Reviews for Papyrus (View Most Recent)

There are newer employer reviews for Papyrus