There are newer employer reviews for Papyrus

It's a great working environment

Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Store Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Papyrus

Pros

The product is first rate

Cons

Can be long hours at Papyrus

Boost morale

73 Other Employee Reviews for Papyrus (View Most Recent)

Like any other retail store but depending on your manager you can learn a lot that you wouldn't in a business school.

Former Employee - Keyholder  in  Fairfax, VA
    Former Employee - Keyholder in Fairfax, VA

I worked at Papyrus

Pros

Even the biggest stores are pretty small so you really get to know your co-workers and boss. This helped me develop a good relationship which lead me to other career paths. Overall a great place to work considering that its retail.

Cons

Compensation was not as good (but not terrible, just one dollar below average) since I should have been paid at least the average considering the results I produced for the company/store. And of course the mandatory con would be dealing with very rude and belittling customers.

Schedules should be 'set' instead of changing on a week to week basis. This is annoying.

Horrible Work Environment

Current Employee - Product Management  in  Fairfield, CA
    Current Employee - Product Management in Fairfield, CA

I have been working at Papyrus

Pros

The product and the people (employees). A brand with a lot of potential.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations, long work hours, the worst benefits I've ever had, (medical, sick days, vacation), endless drama, ugly work office, not up on technology as a company, blows through money, has had numerous rounds of lay-offs, store closings, and more. Performance reviews are designed to make you feel hopeless. One year they gave employees a $10 Starbucks card for Christmas and another they had bad Chinese food in a dumpy lunch room.

Watch the product quality (it's slipping) Invest in smart people, hire a marketing department, and treat your employees better

There are newer employer reviews for Papyrus

Worked for Papyrus? Contribute to the Community!