Paradise Bakery & Café

www.paradisebakery.com
  www.paradisebakery.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paradise Bakery & Café

Lots of cookies, little respect from management

Former Employee - Associate in Tempe, AZ
Former Employee - Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café

Pros

Cookies. They are delicious. Pro-customer service philosophy. Pretty good food service standards.

Cons

Managers, Assistant Managers, and Shift Leaders are not particularly competent and generally disrespectful. Highly inconsistent policy on promotion from within. A consistently high performing associate was promised a promotion to shift leader, and remained "in training" for over a year. There is a culture among management of valuing telling others what to do over being helpful and working to achieve essential tasks. Certain policies are enforced selectively. Favoritism is common. There are some employees who are almost totally incompetent, and mysteriously remain.

Move away from a chain of command-dominated culture and towards a results driven culture. I watched from less than 5 feet away an assistant manager tell a shift leader in training to tell me to take out the garbage. That is retarded, and I know this approach to task delegation is policy driven. Please be more honest about availability of hours with hourly employees. Being scheduled from anywhere between 7 and 35 hours in any given week is not a manageable situation for employees. Require basic knowledge of food and preparation from managers (the GM at my store did not know the difference between a fluid ounce and a weighed ounce).

27 Other Employee Reviews for Paradise Bakery & Café (View Most Recent)

This was a part time job for me and it was alright. I would not have wanted to advance into a management position.

Former Employee - Barista in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Barista in Omaha, NE

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café

Pros

flexible scheduling, convenient location, decent pay

Cons

Be wary of what you eat. You will gain weight from working here. They do not always hire top notch employees so some of your coworkers will not be the brightest. Breakfast and lunch can be very busy and sometimes it is stressful.

The overall leadership structure is good. There are plenty of teaching material available. The manager has been there since almost the beginning.

Definitely a wonderful place to work while in college - they are amazing!

Former Employee - Barista in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Barista in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café

Pros

The management are great people to work under. They understand when problems arise, they as well as your co-workers in general are very helpful. It's like family.

Cons

Depends on your personality. Some customers are rude, some co-workers aren't fun to be around, some people may be lazy while others are very hardworking.

I do recommend you pay a little bit more attention to the tiny details. Some parts need improvement, all in all though, it's a wonderful place.

There are newer employer reviews for Paradise Bakery & Café