Paradise Bakery & Café

www.paradisebakery.com
  www.paradisebakery.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paradise Bakery & Café

Paradise Bakery was a great employer that provided many opportunities for my future.

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café

Pros

If you are willing to work hard and put the time in, Paradise Bakery will reward you with growth opportunities and professional development.

Cons

Paradise is continuously going through change and can be hard to deal with for some people.

27 Other Employee Reviews for Paradise Bakery & Café (View Most Recent)

Work you butt off so they make all the money.

Current Employee - Cashier Hired As Supervisor Lied to in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Cashier Hired As Supervisor Lied to in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Paradise Bakery & Café full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good employee discounts for decent food. Sometimes fun and relaxed working atmosphere.

Cons

Pay is poor. You only get 10 cent raises at the MOST every year for your review. They dont follow through on their training matrix, only enough to cover their a**. No rewards for good work other than cheap pins to put on you visor only non managers are forced to wear regardless of migraines they produce. Managers only act professional when big wigs are in town. New Mexico district manager favors those of his religion and promotes based on it (Mormon). Comes frozen

Really observe your stores in Albuquerque. Go on undercover boss.

Kind managers and free cookies

Former Employee - Cashier/Food Handler in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Cashier/Food Handler in Portland, OR

I worked at Paradise Bakery & Café full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Did I mention free cookies? :-) The managers I worked with were intelligent, well organized, understanding, and willing to admit when they had made a mistake (like when one of them forgot that he had told me I could have a particular day off to go to my best friend's wedding). Most of my fellow employees were great to work with too, and even the few who were not weren't terrible, just not very responsible. The managers gave those two several chances to redeem themselves before firing them which I thought was pretty kind of them.

Cons

Not a lot of room to advance pay wise, but they pay a little above minimum wage so I still found it sufficient as a high school/college summer job.

There are newer employer reviews for Paradise Bakery & Café