Parallel HR

www.parallelhr.com
There are newer employer reviews for Parallel HR

Best company I have ever worked for!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Murray, UT

I have been working at Parallel HR full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great team work, amazing operations team, understandable with schedule conflicts, many additional perks to the job!

Cons

I have no cons to my employment. I appreciate the opportunity to work, and grow in this office.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Parallel HR (View Most Recent)

Very poor leadership structure. Good clients but no appreciation of employees. Pretty toxic work environment.

Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Technical Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Parallel HR

Pros

Hands-off approach to recruiting. Many firms have very specific "call times" or measuring minutes, kill all social media, etc. ParallelHR is mostly hands-off with these things.

Cons

Very poor leadership structure. Their is no HR or employee relations. The work environment is pretty hostile with the founders / partners being unresponsive to complaints. For a sales position (which is what recruiting is), the place is mostly dead quiet with little to no interaction.

The compensation structure versus other firms is between 2x to 4x lower then other permanent placement staffing firms (this means thousands of dollars in commission difference. ParallelHR starts you at 5% of revenues. Research average compensation in recruiting as it is nearly impossible with the business structure of ParallelHR to even come close to $60,000 in total compensation.

The company was beginning to outsource its recruiting efforts, opening up an Indian office.

Training consists of 1-2 hours on a CRM system and a few phone calls. Ongoing training and knowledge sharing was starting to get better.

Their is no growth opportunity within the firm. This is a big selling point to new employees. You cannot grow a business when you churn through 50% of the workforce every year.

As far as the positive review, "You eat what you kill" is a term used by the partner Megan McMillan so be wary of the company.

Their is no reason to not seek out alternate Permanent Placement firms..

Establish employee relations and be very up front about work environment, compensation and the actual growth opportunities.

Disorganized

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Parallel HR

Pros

I would not recommend working at Parallel HR Solutions. It is a difficult work environment with little to no collaboration or communication from upper management.

Cons

While working at Parallel HR Solutions there was a lack of communication, as well as perceived competition between colleagues. There was little to no praise or encouragement for achievements. Many things that I deemed unethical came to light as well.

There is very low morale among your team, and obvious preferences were made. The lack of encouragement made self-motivation almost impossible. There was an obvious disconnect from leadership on mode of action that made the atmosphere disjointed and confusing, as processes and procedures were changed on a weekly basis.

There are newer employer reviews for Parallel HR