Parallels
www.parallels.com Renton, WA 500 to 999 Employees

Good place to work, but definitely has its "growing pains."

Renton, WA

ProsEmployees are provided a high degree of autonomy in their jobs. Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home. You are trusted with managing your own work load in a manner that suits you.

Still growing, so most positions are cross-functional and allow you to work on a broad range of projects. Seems to be a lot of opportunities for growth and promotion.

Most staff are former Microsoft employees, so you are working with individuals who have a high degree of industry experience and knowledge.

ConsThere are disconnects between departments and it's hard to determine who does what.There seems to be a lack of ownership and sometimes you have to harass people for a response.

Everything must go through executive management for approval, which creates a bottleneck effect and slows down the process for action items, particularly when quick turnaround is required.

The travel and expense management definitely needs to be improved. Individuals are financially responsible for their own expenses until reimbursement (no corporate cards). Having to do POs for every expense/invoice is slow, tedious, and the AP department does not submit payments in a timely manner so you have angry vendors. Egencia does not provide pricing for half the flights or hotels it shows as available, so you have to go back a few times to check different pricing to stay within the travel policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementParallels is large enough that a organizational restructure is necessary so that only pertinent action items need to go through executive management. VP level should have ability to approve standard action items.

Better software/process is needed for travel, expense, and invoice management. This is painful.

Lifer, will work until my duties are no longer required.

Sales Account Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at Parallels

Pros: + Competent employees, challenging technologies and always evolving environment. … Cons: As an evolving company we are a bit weak on internal standardization of our tools used to track clients and manage the… Advice to Senior Management: We are growing and evolving, I'm sure the challenges will… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Parallels is an exciting environment!

I have been working at Parallels

Pros: growing and expanding industry with so much possibility and opportunity. fast… Cons: commuting in can be challenging given that the headquarters are… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Parallels.

Worked for Parallels? Contribute to the Community!

Parallels – Why Work for Us?

About Parallels Parallels® is a global leader in hosting and cloud services enablement and cross-platform solutions. Parallels began operations in 2000 and has developed into a fast-growing software company with more… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Parallels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Parallels CEO Birger Steen. All reviews posted anonymously by Parallels employees.