Parallels

www.parallels.com
  www.parallels.com
There are newer employer reviews for Parallels

Good place to work, but definitely has its "growing pains."

I have been working at Parallels

Pros

Employees are provided a high degree of autonomy in their jobs. Flexible work schedule and ability to work from home. You are trusted with managing your own work load in a manner that suits you.

Still growing, so most positions are cross-functional and allow you to work on a broad range of projects. Seems to be a lot of opportunities for growth and promotion.

Most staff are former Microsoft employees, so you are working with individuals who have a high degree of industry experience and knowledge.

Cons

There are disconnects between departments and it's hard to determine who does what.There seems to be a lack of ownership and sometimes you have to harass people for a response.

Everything must go through executive management for approval, which creates a bottleneck effect and slows down the process for action items, particularly when quick turnaround is required.

The travel and expense management definitely needs to be improved. Individuals are financially responsible for their own expenses until reimbursement (no corporate cards). Having to do POs for every expense/invoice is slow, tedious, and the AP department does not submit payments in a timely manner so you have angry vendors. Egencia does not provide pricing for half the flights or hotels it shows as available, so you have to go back a few times to check different pricing to stay within the travel policy.

Parallels is large enough that a organizational restructure is necessary so that only pertinent action items need to go through executive management. VP level should have ability to approve standard action items.

Better software/process is needed for travel, expense, and invoice management. This is painful.

81 Other Employee Reviews for Parallels (View Most Recent)

Lifer, will work until my duties are no longer required.

Current Employee - Sales Account Management in Renton, WA
    Current Employee - Sales Account Management in Renton, WA

I have been working at Parallels

Pros

+ Competent employees, challenging technologies and always evolving environment. We are building something here.

Cons

As an evolving company we are a bit weak on internal standardization of our tools used to track clients and manage the data - details out to our partnerships, license schedules to resellers and awareness as a brand name is a bit weak but growing.

We are growing and evolving, I'm sure the challenges will become check-offs in the future.

Parallels is an exciting environment!

I have been working at Parallels

Pros

growing and expanding industry with so much possibility and opportunity.
    fast paced environment.
    high energy
    competitive compensation
    booming industry
    amazing opportunity

Cons

commuting in can be challenging given that the headquarters are in Renton but it is manageable.

There are newer employer reviews for Parallels