Paramount Hospitality Management

www.paramounthospitality.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paramount Hospitality Management

satisfactor

I have been working at Paramount Hospitality Management

Pros

beautiful property, well maintained and pleasant guest base

Cons

GM lack of management style. No communication other than emails,

7 Other Employee Reviews for Paramount Hospitality Management (View Most Recent)

Not worth it.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I worked at Paramount Hospitality Management

Pros

It is a small company so there is room to make changes without red tape. The property is well maintained and the room product is very nice.

Cons

Upper management and leadership is incompetent, including the person in charge of the entire property. They do whatever they want and fire people without any warning. Micro management runs rampant and they do not let you do your job. Promotions are given not by merit, but are given to the friends and family of the President of the company. None of the leadership of this company are professional whatsoever.

Establish proper policies and procedures and stick to them. Tell the President to keep his nose out of the daily operations. Stop micro managing everyone and let them do their job.

Great company that spends time developing their employees!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Paramount Hospitality Management full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am pretty happy with this company. PHM is still very young when compared to some of their competition so there is still room for improvement in some areas but overall, this really is a good company. I trust once they grow, more benefits will follow. They know what they want and they know exactly how to get it. They recognize and reward hard work. The president of the company does not live locally but he is here almost every week and knows the names of all the employees! He is very involved. I have been with the company for a year and a half now and I seen several people get promoted and some of them twice within a year. They put in a lot of work developing their team members and are in constant search on new properties to expand their portfolio. When they do acquire new properties, they promote from within. Some people will claim there is favoritism but the truth is they are only recognizing those that are willing to work hard and get results. That being said, they are also not afraid to terminate team members that are not meeting expectations. Work hard and you’ll be fine.

Cons

The only downside to the company is, because it is small, you have to wait for someone to leave before you can get promoted. There is no 401K and no paid holidays but they do offer medical benefits including dental, vision, and life which is really cheap and great coverage! The PTO and vacation time is minimal but does get better the longer you are with the company

The only downside is the lack of holiday incentives. I do not like having to save my pto for Christmas or Thanksgiving. It would be nice for at least SOME holidays to be paid. It does not have to be for all of them. I think management could also benefit from listening to the advice of others. Sometimes the decisions upper management makes are not great and it become relevant down the line. A 401K plan would also be great.

There are newer employer reviews for Paramount Hospitality Management