Paramount Pictures
www.paramount.com Los Angeles, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work if you don't mind the "Boys club" mentality

Programmer (Former Employee)
Hollywood, CA

ProsA lot of fun, great shopping, previews of great movies, star gazing (if you are into that)

ConsVery much still a good ol' boys club mentality, I would hear male managers talking very nastily to female VP's and Managers constantly, very belittling. Ideas proposed by female staff members were vetted by make employees before being approved. My first week, I was told I would get used to it ofr leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet over it, yes you have females in positions now, but start treating them like they have brains, and are as talented as you are, get the old boys club out of there, and bring in new blood.

It's as the other reviews say: Politics & Deaf Ears of Management Abound

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Paramount Pictures

Pros: Corporate benefits (if your workload allows you to take advantage… Cons: Management "willing to listen" but unwilling to take action/make changes, unbalanced… Advice to Senior Management: Like my vice president says (although s/he doesn't listen to his/her own speech): own your responsibilities and be proactive & willing to take action to… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Paramount pictures good first job; probably not the best long term.

Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Paramount Pictures

Pros: You are in the industry at one of the larger movie studios in the business. Everything is located in one central area on the lot.… Cons: Salary - Paramount typically paid lower than average salaries, however, i believe that has been changed since i left. Nonetheless, we worked long hours on… Advice to Senior Management: I understand the fact that you need to value the talent much more than everyone else, but come on, everyone does a lot of work.… More
There are newer reviews on Paramount Pictures.

Worked for Paramount Pictures? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Paramount Pictures reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Paramount Pictures CEO Brad Grey. All reviews posted anonymously by Paramount Pictures employees.