Paramour Industries

www.paramourindustries.com
There are newer employer reviews for Paramour Industries

Not great

I have been working at Paramour Industries

Pros

Boss is pretty cool and works around your schedule and there is some room for advancement, called management training program

Cons

Tons of driving, very little pay, morning meetings and pm shifts, you work in a sams club

Pay more

3 Other Employee Reviews for Paramour Industries (View Most Recent)

fun place to work

Former Employee - Brand Representative in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Brand Representative in Independence, OH

I worked at Paramour Industries full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

learned a lot
    very nice people
    fun atmosphere
    good growth opportunity

I really had a great time there. The manager was very understanding with my personal schedule since i just had a baby and helped me work around my crazy schedule.

everyone was super nice and I have made many friends from working here

the company really focuses on your personal goals instead of just working towards the companies goals. I really felt that they cared about me. I guess that is the beauty of working for a smaller company

I am excited to see this company grow over the next few years. The opportunity is amazing to be able to bet into an executive position in a short amount of time, as long as you stay focused.

All the lessons I was taught here, are being applied to my professional career and is something I will keep for the rest of my life

I have recommended my two younger siblings who are in college to take an internship at paramour industries for the amazing knowledge they can provide for them.

Cons

lots of challenges when i first started but everyone was willing to help me. It really put me out of my comfort zone which I eventually learned to love since it was helping me get more confident since im a natural introvert

Unfortunately I had to leave this position due to my husband being transferred to North Carolina for work so I had to go with him. I am hoping that paramour will be expanding soon to the North Carolina area.

More office in other states to have more travel opportunities

i think maybe hiring a few more managers to work in the company will help since they have so many clients and the managers always seem busy with something. I dont see that as a bad thing but maybe bring a few more people on to help out and lighten the work load for them

This company is a scam

Former Employee - Event Assistant in Independence, OH
    Former Employee - Event Assistant in Independence, OH

I worked at Paramour Industries

Pros

The people that worked there were nice and were willing to talk to you and bring you in to their little "family"

Cons

This job lied from the very get-go. The job title I applied for was event assistant and I guess I didn't read the description that well, because in my head I was picturing planning parties, etc. The first interview was with the manager that was easy enough where he explained pushing people to become event managers. Now, I admit I was a little confused as the office was very tiny, three rooms in the whole office and I was perplexed about where these managers were working. and then my second interview was to be with a team leader on-site. I guess I was still a little naive because I went to a Sam's club to see what they were doing. I didn't believe that I would be selling the items myself, but planning the events where they would promote the items. Anyways, while at this second interview, I was told multiple times that they were not "salespeople" but "promoters" (this BS is also spouted many times in the office). I found this to be a little odd as well, because if I was promoting something I would have business cards or just cards that described that product to hand out to interested people. Next I did another third interview with the manager as he went over more details. He informed that #1 you would be paid either min. wage or commission whichever was higher (once commission is introduced, you are obviously a sales person), #2 that gas would be reimbursed (as the places that you are actually working are usually 30-100 miles away), and #3 that there were daily meetings that you would be responsible to go to.
    I took the job, as I was desperate, but I instantly began to hate it. The first week is spent all in the office to learn the "rules of promoting". The second week you get to go out in the "field", which is a sam's club where you "promote" the item. The Sam's Club I went to was in Mentor (I live in Lakewood). I had about 4 shifts the first week and spent almost $80 in gas. Our products that we were promoting were blood pressure monitors that many people did not want, so I unfortunately was going to be paid min. wage. When I got my 1st pay check I was expecting at least $500 (hourly + gas reimbursement) I was shocked when I only received $220. I talked to the manager about this letting him know that I didn't receive any gas reimbursement. He then told me that you had to come to the office first and then drive to the sam's club in order to receive reimbursement. That means if you came to the office meeting at 9 A.M and didn't start your shift until 3PM, unless you immediately went to the store, you would not be reimbursed for your gas. I was astounded by this information because I was not told that when I was hired. He also told me that they took a 1/2 hour out for every shift to be counted toward a "break". Now, mind you my shifts were 4 hours long, I've never heard of a company where you had to have a 1/2 hour break for a 4 hour shift, especially when I was never told I had to have that break. Basically, this job is a scam, they lie to you from the get go, you'd better be wise and never accept their offer.
    Also, another note, something that I found odd. When I first got there, there were a total of 5 people hired. 2 had been there for a little less than a year, 1 for 2 months, 1 for a month, and 1 newly hired. By my second week, the guy that had just been hired quit. My second week, 3 more people were hired. After the first day, one guy quit, and by my 3rd week, the other two quit, as well as another person that had been there before. Many people who do take this job do it because they are desperate, but many don't last for longer than a month or 2.

There are newer employer reviews for Paramour Industries