Parata Systems
www.parata.com Durham, NC 150 to 499 Employees

Don' t Believe Everything You Read Here

Exempt Employee Working In A Small Department (Current Employee)
Durham, NC

ProsCulture; supportive leaders and coworkers; cool products; flexibility; pay and benefits; and job security. Parata is a place where fit is important. Employees genuinely care about each other and do what it takes to help each other succeed. Benefits and salary are benchmarked against similar firms and industries to ensure competitiveness. Due to Parata's size, opportunities for advancement may be limited in some areas. Be realistic when you come here. And it's simply not true that you have to know someone to grow a career or to be promoted. The leaders I know earned their positions! It's no longer enough to be promoted simply for tenure. Welcome, pay for performance! Those who are willing to invest in their career development reap the rewards. The revolving door some reviewers refer to on Glass Door? That, too, is false. Turnover is historically below the national and regional average. Remember that there is more than one side to every story. Average employee tenure is more than 4 years, so something must be going right.

ConsThe same people have been leading Parata for a while; it would be refreshing to bring in some outside thought-leaders with new ideas. The silos between teams are being broken down, but there still is a bit of "us vs. them" mentality. Pay increases have mirrored the market, but disappoint some. Sometimes, we celebrate business deals and successes a little too soon.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic when sharing business updates. Don't celebrate successes before they're a sure-thing. You can do a better job at recognizing and rewarding your employees. Get out and talk to your team. People love Parata. Help keep it that way. Make sure your leaders and emerging leaders are set up for success. Being a technical expert doesn't always translate into success as a supervisor, manager or director. Some just aren’t cut out to lead people.

A Sinking Ship

I have been working at Parata Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Flexible schedule, great co-workers, free goldfish, chex mix, and… Cons: Poor leadership. Really seems to be mismanaged. When I began, the technology was new and fresh, and everyone was excited. Since that… Advice to Senior Management: People are jumping ship, you should take a look at you director level and up. All of your employees realize the family ties throughout… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Started out with hope then declined

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Parata Systems

Pros: Pharmaceutical automation is a potentially exciting field to work in. We live in an… Cons: Cannot count the number of times promise of a bonus was dangled in front of me, yet never materialized after I delivered desired results. … Advice to Senior Management: You are a technology organization. Lose the marketing bs… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Parata Systems.

Worked for Parata Systems? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Parata Systems reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Parata Systems CEO Tom Rhoads. All reviews posted anonymously by Parata Systems employees.