Parata Systems

There are newer employer reviews for Parata Systems

Don' t Believe Everything You Read Here

Current Employee - Exempt Employee Working In A Small Department in Durham, NC
Current Employee - Exempt Employee Working In A Small Department in Durham, NC

I have been working at Parata Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Culture; supportive leaders and coworkers; cool products; flexibility; pay and benefits; and job security. Parata is a place where fit is important. Employees genuinely care about each other and do what it takes to help each other succeed. Benefits and salary are benchmarked against similar firms and industries to ensure competitiveness. Due to Parata's size, opportunities for advancement may be limited in some areas. Be realistic when you come here. And it's simply not true that you have to know someone to grow a career or to be promoted. The leaders I know earned their positions! It's no longer enough to be promoted simply for tenure. Welcome, pay for performance! Those who are willing to invest in their career development reap the rewards. The revolving door some reviewers refer to on Glass Door? That, too, is false. Turnover is historically below the national and regional average. Remember that there is more than one side to every story. Average employee tenure is more than 4 years, so something must be going right.

Cons

The same people have been leading Parata for a while; it would be refreshing to bring in some outside thought-leaders with new ideas. The silos between teams are being broken down, but there still is a bit of "us vs. them" mentality. Pay increases have mirrored the market, but disappoint some. Sometimes, we celebrate business deals and successes a little too soon.

Be realistic when sharing business updates. Don't celebrate successes before they're a sure-thing. You can do a better job at recognizing and rewarding your employees. Get out and talk to your team. People love Parata. Help keep it that way. Make sure your leaders and emerging leaders are set up for success. Being a technical expert doesn't always translate into success as a supervisor, manager or director. Some just aren’t cut out to lead people.

42 Other Employee Reviews for Parata Systems (View Most Recent)

A Sinking Ship

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I have been working at Parata Systems full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Flexible schedule, great co-workers, free goldfish, chex mix, and coffee.

Cons

Poor leadership. Really seems to be mismanaged. When I began, the technology was new and fresh, and everyone was excited. Since that time, almost the entire engineering staff was laid off, and the company shifted from a problem solving company to that of a sustaining, manufacturing company. The strength of this company was in it's ability to develop solutions. Many pieces of the puzzle are now left unattended, as there is no clear product management or support for products that are actually in demand. There were too many promises of big returns that fell through. If you bring up issues on your "confidential" employee survey, you are labelled as a "disengaged" employee.

People are jumping ship, you should take a look at you director level and up. All of your employees realize the family ties throughout management, so stop trying to hide them. Lastly, smart people don't always make good leaders. Some of your directors should be in individual contributor roles. Take a look at your turnover rates in specific departments.

Started out with hope then declined

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

I worked at Parata Systems

Pros

Pharmaceutical automation is a potentially exciting field to work in. We live in an increasingly medicated society so I see demand for pharmaceutical related technology on the rise.

Cons

Cannot count the number of times promise of a bonus was dangled in front of me, yet never materialized after I delivered desired results. Good old boy network is alive and well, incompetence masked by the buddy system of cohorts in cahoots. This is a company that should be focusing on technology, but instead they are focused on sell sell sell. Good technology sells itself and is a better long-term bet. They just don't get it.

You are a technology organization. Lose the marketing bs and focus on tech.

There are newer employer reviews for Parata Systems