There are newer employer reviews for ParenteBeard

Great place to get your feet wet

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Allentown, PA
Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Allentown, PA

I have been working at ParenteBeard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Mid-size firm, good place to start and learn, fair salary, positive and encouraging work environment. Definitely a very good option for those who want to work less hours than at a Big 4 and want more exposure to a variety of industries. Work life balance is better than a lot of other public firms.

Cons

Geographically limited due to being a mid-size regional firm. Compensation is lower than bigger firms, but in line with others of the same size.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Wealth Management Group

Current Employee - Advisor - Planner in Lancaster, PA
    Current Employee - Advisor - Planner in Lancaster, PA

I have been working at ParenteBeard full-time

Pros

Great team environment. The firm promotes team work with the primary goal of servcing clients at the highest level. Employees are treated with respect and have direct access to work with Partners in the firm. Salary and benefits are very good. It is a great learnig enviornment if you want to become a Technician vs. a sales person. We service many high net worth clients and provide investment management as well as very sophsiticated financial, estate and tax planning to these same clients.

Cons

The demands of the client base and stock market can provide for very busy days. This job requires a team member to multi task daily and be flexible to change directions at a moment's notice. Some of this is due to the nature of the business.

Advice to Management

Consider hiring more personnel to support the professional team members. Improve size of work space for Associates.

2 Years With the Firm

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I have been working at ParenteBeard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Been here 2 years now. It's a good company to work for and the rewards are there if you work hard and take an active role in advancing your career. I worked 5+ years at a Ernst & Young before taking a job at ParenteBeard and now I can say now that I'd never go back to a Big 4.

Cons

I would like to see more regional events, more social in nature, so that team members from different offices can mix and get to know each other better.

Advice to Management

Just keep communicating with your people, no matter what level (administrative support to the top). Keep everyone in the loop. Stay transparent.