ParenteBeard

www.bakertilly.com
There are newer employer reviews for ParenteBeard

Great people lend to team environment.

Former Employee - Tax Staff Intern in Harrisburg, PA
Former Employee - Tax Staff Intern in Harrisburg, PA

I worked at ParenteBeard

Pros

During my limited stint of employment as a Tax Staff Intern, I have learned what it is like to work in a fun environment with supportive management and encouraging colleagues. The office I worked in was just small enough that you were able to get to know everyone, both on the tax and audit sides. Questions and problems were quickly attended to by the team adding to the helpful environment.

Cons

As in any workplace there were some office politics, but they were limited and frowned upon by management. The recent combination of Parente Randolph and BMC, creating ParenteBeard, led to noticeable legacy firm loyalties that introduced some office disagreements.

The two firms have to become one to succeed. Parente's management has to have the foresight to notice the problems that lie ahead if they continue on this course. I believe former Parente Randolph was a more conservative firm while BMC focused on employee relationships and a greater work-life balance.

50 Other Employee Reviews for ParenteBeard (View Most Recent)

Parente Randolph is a typical regional firm

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at ParenteBeard

Pros

If you want to work with senior living or healthcare accounting in the future they have a strong hold on that market in Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Philadelphia also has a lot of interesting pension clients. Parente Randolph makes a good stepping stone into a corporate accounting job, but you may have trouble finding a job with a public manufacturing firm. I had several interviews which went badly because I was lacking this experience.

Parente Randolph rewards employees for time spent out of town in the form of bonuses, but depending on the clients there can be a lot of overnight travel, even for employees with families.

Cons

This firm is a small player and they squeeze their employees for all they are worth. There is a general "bad attitude" among all of the over worked staff and management. Although leadership in the firm tries to create initiatives for better productivity they are usually poorly implemented and the management does not follow through. Staff often complain of disrespect from the clients. This is partly the fault of the client, and partly the fault of the management of Parente Randolph. The managers rarely tell their clients what they expect of them, and when the staff need information from the client they weren't expecting there is a lot of push back. It was a common problem I experienced first hand, and heard about from my colleagues.

Improve relationships with managers and staff by following through on these firm initivatives. Ask less of some of the managers who are extremely over worked.

Beard Miller

I worked at ParenteBeard

Pros

Great place to work for several years.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

There are newer employer reviews for ParenteBeard