Pariveda Solutions

www.parivedasolutions.com
  www.parivedasolutions.com
There are newer employer reviews for Pariveda Solutions

A clear and determined focus on talent development combined with an accelerated career path

Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Consultant in Houston, TX

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

- Excellent focus on talent-development. Employees are treated as the company's greatest asset.
- Accelerated career path is intended to guide each consultant to be a well-rounded executive.
- Strong company culture focused on constant improvement, growth, and collaboration.
- The entire organization is set up to foster collaboration, not competition, between employees. The pay scale is completely transparent - any employee at a certain level gets paid the same as all other employees at the same level. Advancement (promotion) is based on pre-determined expectations, rather than how you compare against your peers or how many positions at the next level are available. A large part of the expectations for advancement is based on helping other co-workers in their own growth.
- Strong mentorship program. You're assigned a mentor when you begin your career and you'll have a mentor throughout your employment, whom you meet with regularly.
- Executives and upper management are some of the best and most honest individuals I've had the pleasure of working with. Executives come to company gatherings and socialize with all employees. There are no noticeable niches or cliques.
- Strong emphasis on community service and giving back to the community.
- Low travel, especially for consulting.
- Challenging projects combined with strong team support keep the work exciting.
- Good work-life balance. I've been here for a few years and average 43-48 hours/week (typically 43 on client work, and 5 on training, community service, development, reading business books, etc.).
- Good benefits and PTO.
- Strong company values of integrity, honesty, openness. (I know everyone says this about their company, but working at Pariveda really makes me want to be a better, more honest, more well-rounded person).
- In particular, the Houston office is a great place to work with low cost of living combined with competitive pay, great clients, and lots of things to do around the city.

Cons

- Consulting work can sometimes be quite challenging and require all your mental capacity, but working hard just helps me sleep better at night, so I don't think it's that big of a con. But expect to work hard if you work here. You might not work super long hours, but they're typically engaged hours where you're working your brain on full throttle. I kind of find that to be a pro though.

- I'd like to see more international opportunities (open up some international offices sooner rather than later).

78 Other Employee Reviews for Pariveda Solutions (View Most Recent)

Great people, learning environment, wide array of projects

Current Employee - Consultant (C2) in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Consultant (C2) in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Friendly and helpful co-workers, professional atmosphere, very concrete and transparent career path with mentors to keep you on track. Management is very willing to accommodate employees' desires. Internal classes and seminars with opportunities for anyone to lead.

Cons

the challenges of some projects can be very underwhelming and consultants can tend to be stuck in them. Working for a consulting company also involves making less money than being independent.

keep up the trend of moving people around to different projects

People are great, but not as "exciting" technically as they make it out to be

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Pariveda Solutions full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The people are absolutely amazing. There is a real sense that everyone is there to help everyone else out.
    The semi-annual reviews. Feedback and improving people career appears to be important to the company, even if it doesn't always deliver.
    Decent benefit package, and at the higher levels the pay is great

Cons

A lot of people get stuck on un-exciting "projects," that are really just staff augmentation at some client in the far-out suburbs. If you're not on one of the upper managements "go-to" list, you pretty much won't get anything exciting.
    I know this goes with Chicago and consulting, but all of the current clients are in far-out suburbs. Hour and a half commutes each way are common, along with the expectation that you put in 40 hours at your primary client and 5-10 more doing other stuff.
    Not very competitive salary wise on the lower end.

Don't try to expand so rapidly. It feels like the company would be doing great if we took things a bit slower and built up our base in the emerging markets first.

There are newer employer reviews for Pariveda Solutions