PNB - Great place to work but need to pay employees more.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Newark, OH
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newark, OH

I have been working at Park National

Pros

The people and flexibility are outstanding. I enjoy my job and my coworkers/boss.

Cons

The pay is low. We lose too many good people because we are so far off what we should be paying people--but we are a business that has to make money for shareholders.

Try to put yourself in the shoes of a young professional trying to make ends meet on what we are paid--very difficult.

Other Reviews for Park National

Underpaid and Overworked

I have been working at Park National full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

It's a great place to learn, if you're in the right branch. The HR department is really friendly and will set talks at your request to discuss your career options. It's a friendly office atmosphere.

Cons

Annual pay raises are miniscule and promotion raises are usually not more than 5% of your current pay at the time of the promotion. If they pay you peanuts, you'll make maybe a few more peanuts. In today's world, it's not enough to sustain living without a roommate or other compensation. The higher you go, the more you realize that it's a good ol' boy system and that your upward mobility is limited no matter how greatly you perform. Also, they seem to have a set image of where you will advance. If you do not follow their line of advancement, you are stalled in your current position until you reconsider, or leave the company.

Let your employees explore other parts of the bank. If the employee is hard-working and fast learning, it's the only way they will get the experience. Hiring based on experience is a double edged sword. If they don't have it, hire them. If you don't hire them, they remain without the valuable experience that they so desired to learn.

I am very satisfied.

Current Employee - Trust Officer
    Current Employee - Trust Officer

I have been working at Park National

Pros

The company offers its employees great benefits.

Cons

Economic downturn of the financial sector as a whole

Stay in touch with your employees and do not be afraid to change with the times

There are newer employer reviews for Park National.

Worked for Park National? Contribute to the Community!